The first of The Coats...

… although there aren't going to be very many (as in coat posts) but I HAD started on just doing camel coats.. and then suddenly I came across a whole load of amazing check ones... and then I had loads of questions today over on Insta about my aviator jacket from last year so there will be a couple. 

But first up - as I promised yesterday, we are looking at camel numbers. 

Double breasted, single breasted.. and whatever else I come across.  Oh I know - different lengths.  Personally I love a long coat but I think this is just because I'm tall and I know I can't really get my hands on them easily.  I'm sure we all mostly want what we can't have. 

But then I do like the single breasted blazer style too.. 

And you may have worked out that this is one of those blogs that I've just started writing with no research having been done.   I research as I go along (yup - winging it, like I pretty much do with most things.  I'd love to say that this has always worked out well for me but....) and so who knows what we're going to come across. 

First up shorter styles which I know are probably more popular with most people. 

Bershka double breasted car coat £59.99


And then straight into the long... although it's probably only long on people who aren't 5ft10.

Maxi Coat in Camel from New Look £54.99



Single breasted at Autograph at M&S £119



Pure investment classic chic at Jaeger.

Camel Boyfriend Coat £320



Classic and pared back at Winser London at John Lewis £229



Belted at Mango £139.99



Slightly off piste at & Other Stories.. not what I would call a "classic camel coat" but one that would definitely be an excellent neutral addition to any wardrobe.  I guess it's just a question of what style would work best for you. 

Wool Blend Long Coat from & Other Stories £89



And then if you fancy a slightly different shade of camel - there is more of a tan version at New Look, with a detail on the back that I think does make all the difference. 

Tan Bar Back Revere Collar Maxi Coat £44.99



Along with a belted version at Mango £139.99



And finishing with a classic that isn't entirely a coat but if you don't need a thick coat, this is ideal.  Perfect for into Spring as well. 

Modern Rarity Belted Coatigan from John Lewis £130

I love this look so much.  Like love it with an ache! 



And just to prove they go with everything - take this outfit today which was ridiculously casual and practical - but swap the aviator for a camel coat and suddenly it's perfect for any occasion! (maybe give the boots a once over with a wet wipe!)


Leather Leggings - hush (gift 5yrs ago)
Jumper - hush (gift 3yrs ago)
Aviator jacket - Monki from ASOS (aw17)
Boots - Seven Boot Lane (gift 3yrs ago)
Bag - Nunoo from Quattro Rish (current)

So does a camel coat fit into your wardrobe?  Or is there another coat plan that you're hatching?  I have to say, I have another suggestion for you tomorrow but it is slightly more out there... you have been warned... *get your sunglasses*.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

9 comentarios:

  1. Of course I would have to like the expensive one the best, it's not too long (being short, too long is something that's way too easy to find!)! But camel is not really doing it for me at the moment, I'm after a blue coat. A pale-ish, slightly darker than sky blue one at that. I've decided to try and avoid clothes shopping this December and possibly January unless it's that coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had my eye on this one from monsoon https://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.5/5464420210 for ages, but am worried it won't be long enough on me (I am also 5'10"). Might fit the bill?

      Delete
    2. Thanks TC, it's one of the ones I've had my eye on too, my trouble is the opposite to you, I'm vertically challenged!

      Delete
  2. Also being on tyre talk side I love a long coat but yes they are very hard to find in any colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it. stock tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Find the latest styles from top brands, for womens fashion jackets on Metrotype.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, rly great outfits!
    Greetings from Poland :)
    I'll back here!
    Sorry for my bad english :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.
    long coat men

    ReplyDelete