I spy with my little eye....

.....The Great Big Dress Sale from Baukjen.  Just when you thought the sales were over, I bring you one last (well, hopefully not) gem.  

A little bird told me yesterday that this morning, they are launching a massive discount section for some of their signature dresses.  Massive as in they're only £30.  Yup, you read that right £30. 

I always have Baukjen dresses on the blog when I look at dresses as they are such a no brainer for pretty much ever dress occasion.  I know that loads of you love them - on Twitter, they always seem to be the go to dress that people drag out of their wardrobes, or sneak into their shopping bags, to solve that dress dilemma for so many occasions.

As one who has recently discovered a dress addiction but has also found out that dress shopping is up there with trying to choose bathroom tiles or wood flooring (seems like it should be an easy option but when it comes down to it, oh my lord it's just so hard), when you find a style of dress that you works, buy it.  And buy it in more than one colour or style variation.

One of the reasons I think dresses are so hard to buy is that, if you're not used to wearing them (like me), then finding one which suits the occasions for which you'll need it, is blooming difficult.  What looks great on another person, or hell, even looks great on you - if you have no occasion to wear it, then what's the point. 

The key, in my opinion, is to try and a dress that will work on multiple occasions 

Too dressy, too short, too much dry cleaning involved..... but love the jersey dresses from Baukjen - ideal for dressing up or down, throw on a blazer and sneakers or ankle boots for dress down day wear.  Heels and your bling for a night out. 

And if you've not been sure before, at £30 it's the perfect opportunity to try them out.   Whenever I mention them on a blog they always get such positive feedback so I thought some of you might appreciate a quick heads up at the beginning of the sale.

Only decision is which one to go for..... My picks would be:-

As we've been talking about jumper dresses - 

Paola Dress in Putty Melange was £95 now £30  Definitely top of my list - am thinking with navy and or black for the A/W.  Or with winter whites and leopard prints.  Opaques and ankle boots and a cocoon coat or a fitted crombie style.  I'd even wear over jeggings with a fitted blazer and flats.  (oh do I have some flats to bring you shortly as well....) 



Also in the Iris Blue for winter - gorgeous at £30


Also in Iris Blue is the Sardinia Shirt dress was £109 now £30


The Daria Dress always proves very very popular - in three colours - here it is in the Dahlia pink for £30 was £89



As does the classic black Jersey Drape Dress was £119 now £30


Also available in the Dahlia pink, Cobalt Blue and the Quartz Grey  was £119 now £30




There are loads more styles to choose from - all for £30 for a limited time so go forth and see if there's anything that takes your fancy. 

So we're still on hols - The Husband had to go back for work yesterday so I'm flying solo with the three kids.  It's at the this point, I do have a new found respect for single mums, hats off to anyone who does it on their own 24/7.  And it's probably easier on hols as well as no time constraints and we can do whatever is (ie I find...) the least likely activity to cause (my) meltdown.

Fingers crossed it's not raining and we can head off to the beach.  Here is my outfit from the other day, able to do monochrome thanks to the Hush Collingwood jumper in black and white.  The 9 yr old put this filter on - definitely fancying herself as a bit of a photographer in the making.


image

Collingwood jumper - thanks to Hush
Saxby boyfriend jeans - ASOS
Tan belt - Primark
Cheetah print ponyskin skater shoes - Next 

So we're off to the beach again today and later, I'll be working on the blog I was working on before I was alerted to the sale.  Inspiration has come from a photo - I have a fab new colourway for A/W coming up tomorrow (well, I think it's fab anyway....)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

12 comentarios:

  1. You bugger, I could break my no spending ban for some of these. Alternatively you could always buy one for me (either of the blue ones please). Enjoy the beach x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you cave??? Those jumper dresses - so so so useful..... tee hee

      Delete
  2. Oooh would love to know what colors you're thinking - I'm all about khaki and burgundy this Fall xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah you see I love khaki but you can keep your burgundy - love the look of it on other people but on me.... Hmmm although having said that, I do love it with tan or camel.... Anyway, I'm talking pale blue and black!

      Delete
  3. Arrgghhhh nooooo, that first jumper dress!! I've just promised myself I'll buy nothing else but, but....I really like it!! :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so so useful, wouldn't it....

      Delete
  4. You are a devil!! How can I keep to my no spending in August pledge? Only 10 more days to go and I am so tempted to buy. Sunny and warm here still so I don't truly NEED anything, but WANT is another matter entirely. Wish someone would send me some clothes. You're one lucky girl. Enjoy your last days at the beach! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep the faith, keep the faith... Or I hope you bought a dress tbh as you will SUPER appreciate it come October when they're not £30...!

      Delete
  5. I love your Hush jumper but just checked out the price!! How much?!?! Thankfully Next have just released one that's almost identical for three quarters of the price. Sorry Hush but I'd rather pay £22 than £85...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really really good alternative! Thank you so much for that - will blog it for sure xx

      Delete
  6. Argh, couldn't look at Baukjen without buying the Bianca dress in black for a work/everyday basic - it would be rude not to for £24.95 delivered! Pastels really don't work on me, my colouring seems to be all wrong for them and they wash me out. I'm sticking with a basic palette of navy, grey and black (as always) with bits of mustard/ochre yellow, rust/gingery orange and the lovely teal green (that Hush are calling Everglade) this A/W I think. Now on the hunt for some brogues or penny loafers....possibly both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear not, I have flatties coming up! I have to say I was always averse to pastels but I think it really does depend what you mix them with - I love my lilac jumper with navy or tan - even looks fab with leopard print - things I never thought I'd say. Oh and the Bianca is a fab fab buy x

      Delete