My London Fashion Week

.. that you can actually wear now.  London Fashion Week is amazing when it comes to getting ideas of what we will all be wearing next Spring Summer.  It's also a chance to champion and remind ourselves how great and strong British Fashion is. 

But to be able to see the designers who have diffusion ranges on the high street - well that's super interesting.  This is the third time I've been invited by Debenhams to see their Designer's shows and we went to four this time round. 

AND we dressed in current season outfits for each show, which are now available for AW instore in Debenhams.  I attended the shows as part of a partnership with them but I wasn't asked to do a blog post.  However I've had so many people ask for details of the outfits  - most of them weren't actually yet in stock mid September, but now practically everything can be bought.

First up was the sublimely elegant Jasper Conran.  We sat opposite Suggs and saw Darcey Bussell and Kristen Scott Thomas afterwards.  Day. Made.

J by Jasper Conran Multicoloured diamond jacquard coat £130



J by Jasper Conran Navy Printed Jacquard Jacket £85



And the matching trousers £49



J by Jasper Conran Purple Suedette Jip Shoes were £59 now £47.20 (currently on 20% offer)




They also do these in a black patent which I think would be super useful and a fabulous change if you're not a fan of a stiletto.



But here I am in the purple...

Untitled





Moving onto the Julien McDonald show..... we met the entire team of Strictly which was SUPERB!!!





Untitled


And then it was onto the Sunday and first up - Preen Thornton Bregazzi.  Their show is my absolute favourite, as is their range for Debenhams, which is SUPERB.





Red Suedette Biletto Faith Boots £59


 


Untitled




Two other options I also had my eye on.





Studio By Preen Wrap Dress £89




And then finally to the sublime Jenny Packham showroom.  Simply the most stunning evening dresses ever.

Alas the boots aren't in stock yet.

No.1 Jenny Packham Dark Gold Natalia Satin Wrap Evening Dress was £159 now £129.20







So there we have the super brief story of my London Fashion Week(end).  I say weekend as I did only do Saturday and Sunday. 

In other news, I really wanted to apologise for not writing as much as I used to.  Work in this crazy sphere, working with brands, has really taken off and I simply just don't have as much time as I used to. There is a lot of travelling and writing and shooting for other people, all of which is great but it does mean that I have significantly less time to focus on the blog.  Not to mention having three children in three different schools, which has its own challenges (as in - life is INSANE!). 

However in the next week, I definitely have more generic blog posts up my sleeve - we have blazers to look at, I have had requests for leather and coated trousers and skinnies, not to mention I still haven't done tote bags... Oversized knits have my name all over it, so I'm going to be looking at them too, along with some super interesting beauty blog posts. 

There is ALWAYS something going on over on Instagram - may I suggest, if you're not signed up, it really is a great great place (and I'm the imaginatively titled Does My Bum Look 40 over there..)

Have a great weekend everyone! 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

4 comentarios:

  1. I so hope you got to keep all the clothes, you look great in them!
    The jacquard trousers, they look as though the colour is burgundy and blue, is this the case? (I'm thinking dress down with navy cashmere or dress up with navy silk, to fit in with my wardrobe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jenny Packham satin wrap looks amazing on you.The colour is just wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the jacquard suit - reminds me in a small way of Villanelle's Dries Van Noten in Killing Eve, but with a far more palatable price tag. And I prefer how it looks on you than on the official picture. The yellow dress is also very lovely, but you definitely have the height advantage to show it off, alas I wouldn't even need to try it on to know it would look all kinds of wrong on me, Story of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was only thinking the other day that you don’t blog as much as you used to, but guessed it was due to your other commitments.
    My bank balance is probably grateful as whenever I read your blog I would always go and buy something I never knew I needed til then!
    I discovered Hush thanks to you and my wardrobe is very thankful for that.
    I’m a long time Insta follower and am insanely flattered that you follow me in return, your daily insta stories keep me entertained and I continue to discover new brands through you.
    Keep up the great work x

    ReplyDelete