Ankle boots that I hope may win most of you over...

...as they're not the new hunka munka style hiking ones.  We're going back to a more traditional style.  Something that we've probably all worn over the years, a pared back, goes with anything, classic, clean ankle boot. 

Think Mary Poppins.  Ok maybe don't think that as that's probably not for everyone but for me - I love a bit of retro theatrical chic.  Although it doesn't have to be like that - we're just talking a simple pair of boots for every day that you can wear to work, with skirts, with dresses, with jeans.

And chances are, you may well have a pair of these in your wardrobe, but if you don't, they are the perfect addition to your end of Winter into Spring closet.

The key to these is simplicity.

Inspiration for these has come from (yes Mary Poppins...) a make of boots that I have had my eye on for ages.  Now they're not cheap.  But I managed to snag a pair n the sale from Fenwick for £100. 

These are the ones I bought, still full price or sold out most places.

Neva Brown Leather boots from By Far £401.77




But look what I found at Jigsaw! I haven't seen these before - these are such a great buy.

Aldeson Zip Front Boots were £149 now £99
sd


And in the wine - now £79



Slightly higher but very similar at Office - this time in red. 

Office All Sorts Zip Front Boots were £90 now £58



By Far also have a lace up pair and I promise you - these tributes from Office are incredible.  
And they're now in the sale with the extra 20% off in the sale with the code EXTRA20.

Office Aloha boots in tan were £90 now £54



In black were £90 now £64. The leather is actually like butter.



The burgundy ones are now only £46 with an extra 20% off



But my favourite which is the nude... now £54




Another from the originals.

By Far Sofia boots from Net A Porter £410





Bella Ankle Boots from Topshop £39





Newbury Boots from hush were £190 now £120




Black suede at Topshop 

Meghan Mid Ankle Boots £59






in red... 

BABE Heeled Boots were £39 now £29 (not leather)




Let your boots do the talking with yellow snakeskin... again now only £29 from Topshop (not leather)




And another ringer into the mix at Office (slightly pointer than the rest). 

Office Afflict Cylindrcal Heel Boots were £96 now £42



If you can do a higher heel (and these for me would only be for a night out..)

Henna Topshop Boots £89




And here I am I mine...


Wearing them on Friday...


Skirt - H&M (3yrs ago)
Boots - By Far from Fenwick (sale aw18)
Jumper - Zadig & Voltaire from Selfridges (sale aw18)
Coat - Anthropologie by Helene Berman (aw17)
Bag - YSL from Selfridges (current)

So are these more up your street than the chunky hiking numbers?  I will say that I think there is a space in your wardrobe for both but if the snow is coming, it will be the hiking boots that will get you though.  Friday night out though?  These are the ones that you want.

I definitely have beauty coming up this week.  As well as some classic pieces that we can dig out of our wardrobe and reinvent to get us through until Spring.  

Share this:

CONVERSATION

6 comentarios:

  1. These are much more me than hiking boots, and as they fit close to the ankle they may stop me looking too stunted if I wear with a skirt. I used to have a similar pair in red and am wondering why I ever got rid of them!
    Looking forward to the reinventing post! Although for once I'm not fed up with sweaters, having had to wear things that button up the front due to a broken shoulder - so my sweaters are a treat now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is my legs are definitely the biggest part of me and these type of boots just make my calves spill over the top! ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer my black DM's with black skinny jeans - they make my legs look longer. Any gap between ankle boot and skirt/dress/trouser makes my legs look short and stumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the burgundy and the price

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the black Grenson but also love these more elegant ones too. Order the black and nude Aloha from Office A’s love the look and such a bargain with an extra 20% off.
    I’d love to see a blogpost on midi/maxi bias cut skirts. Used to have loads 25 years ago but not that easy to find. Love them with an ankle boot. Thanks, leigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. UNBELIEVABLE QUICK HERPES CURE BY HERBALIST RAZOR. VISIT HERBALIST RAZOR WEBSITE :

    https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

    Hello!!! I’m indeed very happy for the great help that Dr Razor rendered to me,I was diagnosed with HSV 2 on July 7, 2017 and I have tried all possible means to get cure but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum concerning herbal doctor Dr Razor, who prepares herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases/Infection including Herpes Simplex virus Type 2, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email, He assured me of a cure, he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me instructions on how to use it, I applied it as instructed, i was cured of this deadly virus within 18 days of usage,he told me to go for a medical check up and i went for test, I couldn't believe i was negative and the HERPES VIRUS in my body got cured, I and my family are so happy and grateful to God for using Dr Razor to Liberate me. Reach Out to this great herbal doctor via his email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com Whatsapp or call him on +234 90 6542 0442

    ReplyDelete