There is offically nothing worse to go shopping for...

...yes that will be jeans.  Ugh.  Seriously - even I, who love shopping about as much as eating, LOATHE jean shopping.  

There is no shortcut.  You have to try them on.  There is no shortcut, unless you know the style that you wear and just buy it on repeat.  I am guilty of this.  I have always been an MiH fan although having said that, not all their styles suit me, plus they do tweak the styles year on year.

I also think it helps to narrow down the style rather than just any old jeans.  So for me - I know that it's a straight, non tapered style, mid rise pair of jeans that fits through the hips but is looser through the legs.  

And it isn't necessary that the more you spend, the better the jeans.  One of my favourite pairs are from Zara that I got in the sale for £12.99 three years ago.  I love them.  I absolutely love them and wear them more than all my others.  I will say as well that most of the MiH ones I have bought have been in the sale.  They often bring the same jeans out the following season in a very slightly different shade.

I am constantly being asked to do a blog post on jeans that aren't skinny and aren't a boyfriend style and these are the ones that I find the most flattering and easy to wear for most body shapes. 

But you do need to find the pair that works for you and - to repeat what I said above - alas that is a question of sucking it and seeing.  (aka ordering and trying on at home).

Without further ado, let's look at what it out there for us to grab in the tail end of the sales.

Starting with MiH and I haven't tried these ones but they do look like ones I'd go for.

Cult distressed mid-rise straight jeans from MiH at Matches - extra 20% off with code EXTRA20 were £185 now £92


These couldn't be more up my street.  Very reminiscent (ie exactly the same) as my MiH Phoebe jeans. 

Le Pegged Straight Leg Jeans from Frame at Matches were £245 now £147 with an extra 20% off using EXTRA20  In Frame - take your usual size.


These though are also VERY like the MiH ones for a complete steal at Pimkie at ASOS. 

Pimkie Straight Leg Turn Up Jeans £21




More reasonably priced at Topshop now.  Love the side detailing on these. 

Mid Stone Twist Hem Straight Leg Jeans £42 from Topshop


I prefer mine slightly looser through the thigh but if you like a cross between a slim and a straight, these look like they would do the trick. 

Mid Stone Raw Hem Straight Leg Jeans from Topshop £40



These however look perfect - the EXACT shape that I love.  And half price. 

Warehouse Straight Leg Jeans were £49 now £24.50 (and there's also an extra 10% code on each sale page)



Darker now at ASOS from Missguided.  Heads up - I have NO idea what these are like but for £25 I am intrigued to see...

Missguided Straight Leg Wrath jeans £25
sd


Over the years I have always been very impressed with the denim from ASOS so I would have high hopes for these. 

ASOS DESIGN Recycled Authentic Florence Straight Leg Jeans £32



Darker and more structured at Stella McCartney.  Not going to lie - I do prefer my jeans to look more lived in.  Grubby is the term I would perhaps use... 

Frayed hem jeans from Stella McCartney at Matches £420 now £168 with an extra 20% off EXTRA20



Then moving away from classic blue - how about cream.  THESE are the ones I love and have worn for years and have in three different washes.  Take your usual size.

Phoebe MiH jeans in cream cord were £255 now £153 with an extra 20% off EXTRA20



Black now...

Alexa Chung contrast stitch straight leg jeans were £225 now £67




However I would probably plump for trying these from Missguided - the Wrath for £25



Which they also do in a tall.... again £25



And here I am yesterday - not in jeans (but I have been wearing them for most of the Christmas holidays and the first couple of weeks of Jan).  

Excuse the pic in the background.  Clearly I should focus less on me in the pic and maybe keep an eye on the surroundings so I don't end up sharing the limelight with a 17yr old Victoria Secrets-stylee model!



Skirt - Alice + Olivia from Selfridges (ss18)
Jumper - Bella Freud (sale aw18)
Trainers - Golden Goose from SSense (sale aw18)
Trench - Zara (3yrs ago)
Scarf - Lily & Lionel (gift 2yrs ago)
Bag - YSL from Selfridges (current)

So tomorrow I will be back and I think it's going to beauty.  I have blouses and black trousers up my sleeve for this week.  And I'm thinking about definitely doing the slogan jumpers.  Have an amazing weekend everyone.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

4 comentarios:

  1. Jeans are difficult, finding them in the right length for starters. Ones that fit at the waist and the hips!
    I go for straight or skinny, no boyfriend or mom jeans for me. And darker shades of blue with minimal distressing. Not sure what I think of raw hems, even though it would make shortening a breeze. I got rid of a white pair as I just didn't wear them, but a cream pair might just be the ticket, straight legged of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a go to pair. Levis Mile High Skinny jeans. I have two pairs of black and will be adding other colours.
    Leanne ~ lemloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeans and swimwear are my worst!


    Liz - https://www.elizabethsmithbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete