Things that work.


So moving on from yesterday and thinking about things that I have worn again and again.  Looks that you keep coming back to.  And in an ideal world are versatile and can be worn with lots of different outfits.  There are quite a few things that I've got on my list but for number one we're going matchy matchy.  Collars and cuff.  Shoes and bag. 

Last year, I finally got my black Diego from Alexander Wang - a colour I wouldn't usually wear a lot of in the Summer.  But then I got the ankle strap toe post sandals from Zara and together, I found they worked so well.  They made it so easy to put outfits together - I felt more put together and I just felt that together they were the perfect finishing touch. Which all sounds totally up my own arse but hell, I liked wearing them together - they were a no brainer. 

So I've got both of them on standby for this year - still loving the pair together and looking forward to wearing them. 

This year, I have my new beloved Chloe bag.  And so I need sandals to match.  A Whisky colour which is an orangey, chestnut tan as opposed to a brown tan or a nude tan.  Makes perfect sense ish. 

Surely there would be loads of these around.  Loads, no?

And yet not so much.   The shops are full of a certain sort of sandal (I am going to cover it I promise - they are definitely the elephant in my sandal room.)  Or full on gladiators.  I have full on gladiators which I got from Aldo four years ago and yes they come out every year.  So I don't need another pair.  

I will be honest, I didn't know what I was after.  I loved my black Zara ones so much last year that I thought something might jump out at me screaming BUY ME.  Well not in Zara that's for sure - there wasn't one pair of tan sandals in there today. 

So here is what I found today and yesterday.  I know that there are lots of people looking for tan sandals at the moment so hopefully there may be something here to float your boat. 

Most of these come in other colours as well so if you're not looking for a tan pair there are often other colours on the link if you like the style. 




New Look Wide Fit Multi Strap Hickery Flat Sandals £17.99  These are my only ode to the glad here.  Rather like the ones I have - I feel I've done this style so am looking for something different.  No idea what though.





Office now sell Solillas (you used to only be able to get them at Urban Outfitters) and I have to say I love the simplicity of these.

Solillas Sandals in tan £45





Now the orginal Solillas come in an array of colours and prints but if you're after the tan pair then these are virtually half the price from NL and in leather too.   These are probably top of my list out of everything.

New Look Tan Two Part Flat Open Toe Sandals £24.99





These are from the Dune brand Head Over Heels - I saw them in Dorothy Perkins when I went in to try leather jackets yesterday.  The metal gold bar is actually "leather" and so not a stiff bar - it would be malleable for when you walk.  Very unusual. (in a good way for me).  What's not so good for me though is £29 for non leather.  Really?  But I guess if you love the style or don't love leather so much (I bet Stella McCartney had a pair of these)




Another with gold detail are the Jamba from Dune.  The only reason I think I'm not jumping at these is because I've looked at them for the past 3 years and have never bought them.  So they seem done to me, if that makes sense?  Plus I think I may be finally after more coverage for my big old bony feet (they're definitely looking 40 and then some, maybe they'll improve with a tan.... one can dream....).  But they are lovely sandals if you're looking for a dainty tan pair.  Oh and these used to be £65, I'm sure, but this year they've gone down to £45 (don't quote me on that mind)








Yet more gold at Steve Madden (these come in a whole host of other colours as well)




If you do like the thong style then these are excellent value from New Look - very similar to the ones above again. 

Tan Leather T-Bar side strap sandals £12.99 - these also have a gold top to them which you handily can't see from this pic.  Can't get another one big enough - apologies.  They are amazing for that price. 




If you like the more minimal look ie that of the Sam Edelman Gigi then these are an amazing tribute.  Actually they're totally identical.  Poor Sam.  His aren't £12.99.




These are also at New Look in an array of colours but here in the tan. (these are more tan they look here, definitely a tan not a brown)




These are slightly more chestnut so would work for me from Kurt Geiger but boy the price difference....


And again slightly different but a variation on a theme at Office




And my personal favourite of the above ones (although I have to say I do like the last Office pair although I need more toe coverage).  And actually I need more around my ankle.... But I like the toe post? Nope changed my mind, my faves are the ones above. 



Moving on now to ones that I saw that very nearly hit the mark but colourwise they're just not quite there.  And none of them scream you must buy me immediately but I'm wondering if any of them might be a slow burn. 

Starting with these from Kin at John Lewis.  I won't lie - I haven't totally fallen in love with the clothing range.  But the shoe stand looks lovely.  Minimal to another level but not a hunky chunky sole in sight.  (on the sandals - I appreciate the skate shoes have a slightly chunky undercarriage.  Gorgeous colours though) 


Untitled

Kin by John Lewis Three Leather Mule Sandals in Taupe/Tan £55 (I'm not too sure why they call them that as they're a black and taupe so go figure).  These aren't in the pic but I've tried them on before.  They're the same version as the lime one above.



These are an interesting style  - I love the straps round the ankle but they're slightly too dark for me - I'd say they're more of a brown than a tan (ok maybe a really dark tan..)   Plus for me I know that the front is wrong.  This is the style that gives me toes that look like fingers.  And Skeletor fingers at that.  It's not a great look, I'll be frank. 

Bertie Jumpy Leather £49



Now I love these and they look fab in the flesh but they're not the right colour for me.  Too pale.  Darn it. 

Goodsport from Kurt Geiger London £110


This is a similar style in a nude tan. ie not tan at all.  But pale pink.  Bum.   They do these though in other gorgeous colours.  I love this style, I really do.  Was running late so didn't have time to try them on and I fear I may have skeletor digits once more with these babies but they're worth a try. 



Untitled


Maddox by KG Kurt Geiger in Nude £75


However I did strike gold at the end in Russell & Bromley.  To match the bag.  Do I love the sandals?  I like them, I like them a lot.  Are they what I had in mind?  I need to have a think about that one.  But colourrwise - they are totally totally perfect. 

Tand Orange Laura Sandals from R&B £89.50 That's probably where I've been going wrong - these are actually orange.... Duh.   I promise you though they don't look that orange orange.  Definitely a whisky orange...







And there we have the pick of the High Street.  I am going to have a look online and see if I can up the budget but to be honest, last time I looked everything was sold out in my size.  I remember a couple of years ago going searching in Selfridges for some sandals I had my eye on - in March probably and they literally guffawed at me and told me I was far too late.  Amused, I was not.  The search goes on.  How is everyone else doing with their sandal search?

Today, boys at footie and I took the 9yr old and her friend shopping and then for a girlie lunch.  They are just too funny.  A delicious age.  Wonderful day.  Am now watching Transformers with the 7yr old whilst the 5yr old is giving me a dead leg with his head (he's fallen asleep).  I also may have dropped quite a bit of popcorn in his hair whilst trying to type, eat and be supermum at the same time. 



 Untitled

Collar - Cos
Horsing Around sweatshirt - JCrew
Faded straight legs turned up - Earl Jeans
Green boiled wool coat - Zara
Tan belt - Primark
Cheetah Print skate shoes - Next
Whisky Medium Marcie Satchel - Chloe

And the small shadow of a 9yr old.  Apologies. 

Other things I looked at today were mid heel shoes and ogled at a plethora of new dresses which are now coming into the stores in their droves.  Tis a shame I'm just struggling to find shoes to go with them that aren't of the vertiginous variety.  More about that tomorrow. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

19 comentarios:

  1. I too am Skeletor toed and really struggle with sandals! I've buffed my hooves this week so shall be shopping next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh god I haven't done mine yet. taking the 9yr old for her first pedi this week. I need to remind them to have the industrial sander on hand for me...... Good luck with the shoe shopping. Totally randomly but I find a thong sandal isn't as bad as one that cuts the toes off at the join knuckle... Madness but it works!

      Delete
  2. I have the Russell & Bromley's in black - highly recommend them! I do like that colourway you have picked - they go perfect with your bag! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing with the bag aren't they? But I'm not entirely sure they're what I want... does that make sense? I think the easiest thing might be to buy a new bag.... Just thinking out loud of course.....

      Delete
  3. I have the Russell and Bromley in silver, bought in summer 2012 taken back in summer 2013 because the strap broke! I still love them but expected more from this brand. They gave me a new pair no question, but it has put me off wanting the tan or black both of which were on my wishlist before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh god no R&B shoes always break. But they are always amazing at changing them - I think one of my friends returned a pair 3 times before trying a different style in the end! I think I want something more round my ankle though.....

      Delete
  4. One pair of sandals bought and chucked in back of wardrobe. You're a braver woman than me Kat. Brrrrrrrr x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ones did you get? I hvae to say I'd be more than happy to wear them heatwise if I i didn't currently have feet like an anaemic hobbit.xxx

      Delete
  5. The Russell and Bromley ones look fantastic with your bag! My favourites are the Steve Madden ones, so I shall be taking a closer look at those! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look amazing with the bag, that's true - they're just not what I had in mind. I can't believe I may be being swayed by a fugly sandal..... GAHHHH

      Delete
  6. Clarks have got some lovely sandals in but just nothing at all in tan! I may have to rethink this.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Kin ones and the Dune gold ones but it has to be completely tropical for me to get my tootsies out. What about clogs - have you seen lottafromstockholm.co.uk just been shown by a friend and love, love, love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done clogs although I did see they were coming back in. I have to say I've always found them so so so uncomfortable to walk on though! I do love the look though and am always "no pain no gain" so I'll check them out, thank you x

      Delete
  8. I love a good tan sandal for the summer - some amazing choices here covering all price points

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still don't know which way I'm going to jump yet.... love a tan sandal but fail to find a lovely one. GAH!

      Delete
  9. The r&b ones are a match made in heaven...they look divine with your Chloe! Thanks for the edit...I have a tan gap in my sandal wardrobe so I'm off for a closer look at some of these x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're perfect aren't they. I'm just not sure they're "me".... Hmmm there have to be more to look at! xx

      Delete
  10. I like the Office Independent pair - they look comfy too. I hate wafer thin soles. I ordered a cute pair of tan block heel sandals with ankle strap & gold strap across toes. Lovely but need bigger size & prob sold out now!
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are loads of gorgeous block heel ones around chicken, I'm sure you'll find loads! They'd really suit you actually. xx

      Delete