Here comes the rain again

And in true, embracing of my British Heritage, I am eschewing all thoughts of summer and donning my practical hat.  And boots.  New boots to be precise.  I have tortured myself with talk of sandals all season and am now officially so confused I have to put them aside.  For at least the weekend.  Which is handy as it's supposed to pour with rain for the foreseeable future by all accounts. 

Plus we have a holiday in Ireland coming up where to say I'm not sure I'll be needing sandals is perhaps somewhat of an understatement (purely going on years of experience, nothing else).  Boots, however will be a necessity.  Obviously it's not like I don't have any... but..... Well, there has been a tan ankle boot hole in my wardrobe for a while.  A browny tan not a creamy camel tan.  And one with a properly walkable heel.  That will go with jeans and a dress.  Even though for me to wear a dress it would be inevitably way too hot to wear boots.  Details schmetails - we're justifying here and all valid reasons should be listed. 

I don't think I've bought a pair of tan boots for about 5 years since my Russell & Bromley Rockafellas which are verging on vintage and owe me nothing now (note I say "think" - if anyone proves me wrong I haven't given it a big think, merely a cursory nod of a think.. ok?) 

Speaking of the R&B boots - in their day and for a good couple of years after they were classics.   Tributes were ten a penny on the high street and so I definitely got my money's worth out of buying the originals.  

With that in mind, let's have a look at some modern day classics but with some tributes that it's also definitely worth considering. 

Acne Pistol Boot in chestnut £380  The most classic ankle boot there is - must be three years old at least, if not more. 


Dune Plattert £99  Whilst this isn't a tan boot (which is what I have my heart set on) I've studied this and oh my lord it is so so so similar.  They also do it in black online at Dune London.






Although not in leather and I don't own a pair but I am aware that other people do find these very hard wearing - the classic Ash Jalouse (inordinately similar to the Isabel Marant Dicker at half the price)

Ash Jalouse in Taupe from My Wardrobe £155




Alternatively there is an inspired leather version at M&S for significantly less still. 

Leather heeled Western Ankle boot £59




From Acne - the Clover boot £420 in mid brown




And a loose (ok very loose) nod to the Clover from the team at KG

Sadie Leather ankle boot in Tan from Carvela now £69 was £160



Perhaps inspired taken as well by Ted Baker?

Juero Boot by Ted Baker was £130 now £85




Now moving onto some other great boots out there, a lot of which are now in the sale. 

Leather Ankle boots in dark tan £59 


Some bargains to be had at Shoeaholics - obviously it's not traditionally boots season so there are some great ones there - this is the Kurt Geiger and associated brands site where old stock goes to die. (or be snapped up as bargains by the likes of us - there are some fab fab ones here)

Soda Tan from Kurt Geiger London now £39 from £195


If you are looking for a paler shade of leather then these from Whistles look great.

Anita Boot £165



Bridging the gap between suede and leather, is good old Nubuck.  Love the shade of these from John Lewis

Collection WEEKEND by John Lewis Colorado ankle boot £95



Woodstock Suede boots from Great Plains £110


H by Hudson Horrigan Blush Ankle Strap £150


Another lovely vintage looking boot from H by Hudson 

Lewknor Heeled Boot Beige Suede Exclusive at Office £165



Mint Velvet have some stunning suede and nubuck boots which have Spring written all over them.

Latte Nubuck Ankle boots £139








They also come in a grey colour called Storm




Nude lucy leather Stud ankle boots £149 from Mint Velvet




A very summery fabric version of the leather Sodas above. 

Soda in Cream Kurt Geiger London now £29 from £150


A similar style but in a biscuit suede.


Slide Beige Suede now £59 from Carvela at Kurt Geiger was £140




Here are the randoms - I love these, I shouldn't but I do.  I love the fact they are so unusual - different style and interesting yet actually classic colour combo. 

Ganni Amber Split Suede Ankle Boots £170


More very low ankle boots in both heel and leg length.  This time with some stud detail. 

Bella Taupe Suede £59 was £80 from Miss KG




A grey suede from Mint Velvet - just as useful as tan to be honest but much less prolific. 

Grey Emiy Mid Boot £139



Metallic - I know this is supposed to be tan boots and personally I am O-VER my homemade metallic boots from last year (suffice to say they didn't survive a couple of rain showers - next time I should use Ronseal spray)

I have to say I quite like these though and think they'd stand you great stead in the A/W.

Metallic Effect Chelsea Boots With Insolia £9.99 a bargain from M&S



But saving my favourite till last.  I have ummed and ahhed over these as I like the fact they're unusual and not as ubiquitous as the Pistols, the Joulouse or the Dickers.  And they are such a good buy.  I *may* have ordered them, just to *see*..... (I can always send them back)  They are a variation on a cowboy boot and I'm not sure how me that is.  Having said that, they're clearly here to stay as you can currently buy the suede versions for £420 on My Wardrobe, Net a Porter and Matches.  And I actually much prefer the leather.

Acne Donna boots in taupe from Shoeaholics £165 from £410


So there we have some boots for consideration.  I wore old wedge trainers today in at attempt to keep my feet dry.  I also went and tried on a shed load of white jeans - I wasn't wearing the right shoes for sure.  My back is killing me now.  I will report back on the white jeans shennaingans.  Needless to say it makes for interesting reading with pictorial evidence.  



image image

Khaki vest - H&M
Bat Sweatshirt - Zoe Karssen
Black coated skinnies - Cos
Jetstream black wedge trainers - Russell & Bromley
Trench coat - Banana Republic
Black Diego bag - Alexander Wang

Off to a dinner party this evening so must go and get the glad rags on.  I'll be back tomorrow.  Have a good evening everyone. xx

Share this:

CONVERSATION

16 comentarios:

  1. I adore ankle boots especially ones with a heel that is walkable. I have indulged in some tan ones and some black ones this year and both have already been worn to death. Make me feel slightly more human when traipsing up to school in the rain. Love your selection, also like Office as they always do good heel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a walkable heel is a total must. I still live in my Pied A Terre ones which are 5 years old now!

      Delete
  2. Love the tan pistols, I've had them on my wish list at my wardrobe for months, but afraid I would trash them first wear, I can be so hard on boots...they are stunning though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous aren't they - seriously tempted.....!

      Delete
  3. These are all so up my street I can't tell you - I would be so scared of any light suede though in terms of trashability and as Kim said above, I'm really heavy on boots too so veer towards paying less as even leather versions can become so scuffed within a few months. If money was no object, I would like a fresh pair of Ash Jalouse every April and Acne Pistols every September - a girl can dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA HA HA that would be fabulous, wouldn't it? The pistols are surprisingly hard wearing though - not as convinced by suede....

      Delete
  4. More dangerous temptation - argh! But Kat, was really hoping you were going to do your Mango post as they have 30% off today if you use the code 5APRIL2014 . Got an email about it last night. Have my eye on some blazers already, but would LURVE to see your edit if you have time during the day?! Pretty please…..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tan mulberry boots on sale at kafka.co.uk - beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you type Mulberry into the search box and view all results, they come up near the bottom. About 5 different styles. I think mulberry are getting a new shoe designer on board, so maybe that's why there are better than half price discounts.

      Delete
    2. I'm such a moron, I tried that & could only see bags. WIll try again, thank you xx

      Delete
    3. Right, found them - I LOVE the Dorset ones and the perfect colour but they're too high.. SOB SOB SOB. Great price asa well htough x

      Delete
  6. I think I would probably stick with a classic - the pistol or the jalouse for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a self confessed boot addict- had to scroll very quickly through as I really don't need another pair as I actually don't even wear mine that much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Those M&S ones are a bloody bargain & a great shape too! Can't wait to see how you got on with your new purchase! I dug out my beige ones the other day from the depths of the wardrobe & reignited my love for them! I just can't get them to work with dresses though as my legs are just too short! xx

    ReplyDelete