Monday Must Have

Yes I'm on a knitwear roll.

It was a toss up between this and something beauty related (I promise I will bring you that next week - I was wondering why my skin looked so bereft of colour and that I was looking more corpse than human and I remembered what I usually use at this time of year.  So I've gone and re-bought it and am going to give it a go this week to see if it's as fabulous and as miraculous as I remember.  Watch this space next Monday). 

In the meantime though, I am bringing you another oldie but goodie.  

I will confess that I have mentioned this many a time.  But I'm not sure I've give you the full on talkie experience - as seen over on Insta stories. 

And they (as I do have in two colours) are SO fabulous and I have genuinely never found another one as good despite being gifted many very similar that are much, much more expensive - these are KNITWEAR GOLD. 

May I present the extra fine merino crew neck jumpers from Uniqlo.  We are talking the perfect basic jumper.

We're not reinventing the wheel by any stretch of the imagination.  It's back to basics.

My favourite plain crew neck jumper.  WHICH they also do in a v neck - exactly the same shape but with a different neckline, ditto a roll neck. 

I have mentioned them numerous times over the years, as the ones I bought, must be four years old now.  I have black and navy - I layer them over shirts, I wear them with jeans, trousers and skirts.  They wash like a complete dream and are the same texture and shape as the day I bought them. 

The difference is though.. these are the men's ones.  The women's ones aren't the same (in my humble opinion...).  They have a different hem - this one is slightly gathered - actually it's the same shape as a perfect sweatshirt.  Hides a multitude of sins round the middle whilst not being shapeless. 

They obviously know they're onto a good thing, as they do the same ones every single year.  And they nearly always sell out. 

I take the small which I would say is a large 10 or a small 12 and there is also an XS and an XXS and medium, large, XL and XXL.

Men Extra Fine Merino Wool Crew Neck Jumper from Uniqlo £29.90



And in the navy.... again £29.90




The other colour I have to say I am rather partial to (again, I am not reinventing the wheel here at all) is this blue shade.. charmingly entitled.. "blue".  Perfect. 




V necks now in 13 colours but another sneak peek at my favourite blue - £29.90




In 8 colours in the roll neck but my choice would be (after black and navy), the off white = £29.90.



And then, if you've seen my Instastories (so you can see the jumper "in the flesh"), you'll know I've done a double bubble this Monday. 

Only as this skirt arrived today and I love it so much, I just have to share.. all pics over on Instastories, I will definitely be wearing this week. 

This is superb.  It's very swishy, there's a lot of fabric, I sized up to a 12, so it falls slightly longer on me and I don't like something sitting on my waist (this one rests on my hips).  I am always being asked for more reasonable versions of the La DoubleJ skirts and this is the best that I've found so far.  I would say true to size.

ASOS White Stripe and Spot Full Maxi Skirt £95 



As I said - for talkies of each, head over to Insta stories but here is the jumper as I wore it today.  And I'm so sorry but before anyone asks, the skirt is from Zara - it must be 7 years ago now.


Untitled

Jumper - Uniqlo (4yrs old but still in stock)
Skirt - Zara (7yrs old)
Jacket - Jigsaw (gift aw17)
Earrings - Aldo (ss17)
Susanna boots - Chloe from Matches (ss16)
Puzzle bag - Loewe from Matches (current season)

I have a couple of great additions to your wardrobe in the next couple of days.  Easy accessories, new in knitwear gems and one elusive item that I can't quite master.  Not to mention the most random bag of the season. 

In the meantime - hope everyone loves the bargain jumper!  Don't forget you can see both the jumper and the skirt "in action" (you will see what I mean when you see it!) over on Instastories on Instagram.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

6 comentarios:

  1. Love Uniqlo men's stuff - the women's always seems a little on the short side, and I'm not a giant by any means. I usually stock up on men's heattech tops at the beginning of winter, the men's medium is a good size 14 (while even the women's XL seems to have me vacuum packed). Also got a great camo men's hoodie from there a few years ago - nice and long, past my bum, and keeps me very warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of the women's in a small size (in it's 3rd year and still great), anyone know how it is size wise compared to the men's?
    I'm thinking a slim-ish fit would be great with my M&S trousers, not to mention my first foray into maxi skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimmin' 'eck. Talk about hens teeth, I had the mens M white turtle neck in my bag and was dithering with OH about what colour crew neck for her when it suddenly went OOS! Have now managed to get the pale grey mens turtle neck in S. I would say that if you sign up and spend over £60 you get a £10 off voucher! Thanks for tip, they look very very useful and I wouldn't normally get mens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I buy the women’s ones and love the fit (I’m not very tall). Navy and dark grey are my faves...and they wash like a dream and wear really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really good to hear about the Uniqlo men's merino jumpers/sweaters. I had a women's one and it shrank a bit and wasn't quite fitting in the right places for me, so perhaps the men's version is what I need! Sizing info v handy!

    ReplyDelete