Don't thank me all at once.

I know I've mentioned before, in a rather theatrical way (The Husband despairs - doubly so as RR1 is displaying similar traits), that I am a complete Jonah.  Well, as if I needed more proof, here we all are, basking in tropical temperatures.  My car (admittedly a glorified shed on wheels and probably not the most accurate barometer) earlier said 36 degrees on the dashboard.  It does have a habit of being entirely incorrect when having been sat in direct sunlight for four hours, but on moving, it did stick at 27 degrees.  Summer has finally arrived. 


And that will be because I finally got round to ordering some Ash wedge trainers.  Just the sort of footwear you need in these sort of temperatures.  A fully enclosed leather shoe.  I'm sweating just thinking about them.  I didn't buy sandals which would have been a complete curse on any hint of sunshine, but no.  I am awaiting the arrival of new boots.  Hence - heatwave.  You are all most welcome.


Now slight admission - as per usual,  I couldn't just have ordered one pair.  Oh no, don't be daft, that's what normal people do. I'm odd. I ordered 3 pairs - just to be on the safe side (I will only keep one, I absolutely promise)  So it's a choice between these three beauties.  Ok before I do the pics, just a bit of typical DMBL40IT justification - you're surely used to it by now. We are going away on hols next week.  To Suffolk. Which genuinely I am looking forward to as much as if we were going to the Maldives. (we go every year, to the same place and I wouldn't change it for the world)  Principally as it's a 2.5 hour journey to the sofa (and wine) in Suffolk, whereas with slightly further afield (ie involving a plane) by that time, we would just about be checking in.  And the RRs (and definitely The Husband) would be beginning meltdown central.  It also would involve a last minute Million Pound Drop in Boots.  PIcking up more suncream than the entire hotel would use (damn those blasted 3 for 2's), ditto mossie spray and all other "essentials" that I out of the blue, deem completely necessary.  It's as if I have a lobotomy the moment I blow the dust off my passport.  Whereas all we need for Suffolk is a family pack of Paracetamol for The Husband and I. (there is a quite fabulous wine shop where we go.....) The remainder of said usually wasted Boots money, I am now completely justified in spending on other boots.  Of the beautiful, wearable kind.


Justification over, these are what I have coming.  So which do you think I should go for?


Ash Thelma in Clay


Ash Thelma in Camel
Ash Genial in Perkish (I did actually want these in clay but couldn't find them anywhere - I'd love to know what sort of colour "perkish" is.  Well clearly it's a pooey sort of beige colour....)


I ummed and ahhed for ages over the Thelmas or the Beas.  To be honest (embarrassing practical stance coming up) the suede aspect of the Beas and my massively slovenly approach to, errrr, life in general would mean they would be trashed within a matter of weeks. I am very much looking forward to the Ash A/W collection though - I can only imagine that there will be some complete champions there. I did order (and send back) the Birdie in Camel leather last year as I couldn't quite get to grips with the white sole, but I'm thinking as they're far more ubiquitous this time round, it won't bother me nearly as much. 


The other option was the gorgeous coral and camel (leather and suede combo) Beas but as I  "may" have bought a floral Zara jersey jacket (it's still in the bag - it may or may not be a wedding outfit contender, hence I'm not mentioning it here officially yet which means it's not officially mine) and the pale simple colour will go much better with this and my other floral jeans.  


Personally I think I'm leaning towards the Thelmas in Clay.  Any thoughts?  I will report back on the results. 


Now a quick round up of what I've been wearing in this totally random weather. 


Starting last Friday night, when we had friends round for dinner 






Nude vest - Primark
Blush sheer rectangle ribbed top - Cos
White skinny jeans - Next
Gold & blush large earrings - Monsoon
Tan fretwork wedges - Sam Edelman


Saturday - usual round of taxi service in the morning.  In the afternoon, I did actually change into trackie bums and old sweats and we did clear the garage.  Rock & roll.  And speaking of rock & roll, in the evening we went to an Elvis night. (second outfit - this is not what my warped version of a tracksuit is)  Where we were the youngest people by about 30 years.  But I haven't laughed as much in years, great evening which ended up back at our friends house, dancing like loons and drinking Bacardi till the wee small hours.  Happy days. 



Black & off white jumper dress - Joseph
Raspberry Leigh jeans - Topshop
Camel knitted blazer - Whistles
Leopard print scarf - Louis Vuitton
Black suede ankle boots - Pied a Terre
Cheetah print suede bag - Zara





Black crepe shell top - Zara
Black tuxedo style blazer - Topshop
Navy/black/camel leopard print ankle zip trousers - Whistles
Black corsage necklace - Sportsmax (I'll do a close up of this another day as the photo of black against black doesn't do it justice)
Black ankle strap sandals - Zara
Tan De Manta clutch - Alexander McQueen


Sunday morning, 9am start for a bowling party for RR2.  He absolutely loved it, they all loved it and it was a great party.  From a hungover adult's perspective it was rather (very) loud and rather (very) crowded.  But they were superbly behaved, I did manage to sneak out for coffee and juice and I was then able to spend the rest of the day on the sofa.  Bliss. 




White silk edged shirt - H&M
Indigo Baxter jeans - Topshop
Chocolate leather jacket - All Saints
Jubilee scarf - Scarf Envy
Tan leather & rivet cuff - Mulberry
Tan rockafella boots - Russell & Bromley
Chestnut cross body bag - Campomaggi by Plumo


I have a confession to make about yesterday's outfit.  I upgraded my iphone yesterday, took a photo and then today attempted to synch all the "stuff" on my old iphone onto my new one. Massive fail. I managed to synch some of it whilst completely cocking up everything they'd already set up in the shop and somehow delete all the photos I took.  A technical genius I am not. But whilst we're on the subject of IT prowess or the lack of it, I am reliably informed that it is now super easy for anyone to comment on each post.  Please be kind...... (!)


So zero outfit from yesterday - shame as it was one I really liked but I will definitely be repeating it as soon as the temperature dips slightly. 


And finally today for The Summer.  I did start initially in another outfit, nearly boiled myself alive and so changed for taking the kids swimming and basking in the sunshine after school. Looking forward to more of the same tomorrow. 





Cream drapey jersey top - H&M
Faded straight leg jeans - Zara
Tobacco drape front cardigan - Day Birger et Mikkeslon
Chestnut peep toe Saxon boots - Kurt Geiger
Bone and shell necklace - By Malene Birger
Tan shopper - Zara


Thanks again for all your lovely emails and comments - I am getting round to replying to them all! xxxxx

Share this:

CONVERSATION

57 comentarios:

  1. Hello there and greetings from downunder! I absolutely love your blog and your taste! Considering it's summer over there, I'd definitely go for the clay ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are a winner! Clay definitely all the way

      Kat
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Yep, clay all the way I reckon. Like the look of the shell top - nice length and just the right combination of not being too tight or too baggy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, the clay it is. The shell top I am over the moon with. If you want a link, I'll find one for you - the most gorgeous crepe fabric, easy to dress up, dress down, and not too mumsy. Shell tops have a habit of making you look like a librarian. Purely imho of course........

      Delete
  3. I like the Thelma in Camel, such a lovely rich tone (though I've never seen a camel that colour!). But Saretta is right - the Clay ones are more summery. Just don't keep all 3 pairs ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camel is completely divine. If money were no object I could have so easily have kept both. Gorgeous. But not as summery as the Clay you are absolutely right. And I am SO not keeping all of them!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is the most gorgeous colour, you're absolutely right. Maybe I'll save them for the Autumn... (as in buy them again - I have to send them back now!)

      Delete
  5. My silver ash wedges had their first outing to a 4 yr olds party on Saturday, my son said, ooh mama lovely, are they your party shoes? It felt lovely to be in something with a heal (wedge) that didn't look like I was tottering about (I'm a converse kinda girl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're fab and yes just slightly more "party" than plain converse

      Delete
  6. So glad i'm not the only one who ordered ash wedges this week, have ordered the metallic bronze but am now also lusting after the camel ones too. I have an aversion to light coloured shoes given that i wear (what i consider to be) a whopping size 8 and am convinced anything too light will make me look like i have flippers.

    I am going to attempt my ash wedges with a maxi skirt....what do you think? Yeay or Ney?

    P.S. I think you'd suit the clay :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would really work. Hmmmm liking the idea, may well try with my long leopard print skirt. Will report back and thank you for the inspiration.

      Am too loving the clay.

      Delete
  7. Oh they look lovely and definitely think the clay would go with more outfits.

    Love all your outfits as usual x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're completely right, clay is the more versatile for this time of yr.

      And thank you for your lovely compliment!

      Delete
  8. Kat - I have just ordered one of those anthrop necklaces from kings rd. you are a bad influence on me. Would not dare tell you via twitter OH follows me and I would be rumbled. My justification is similar to yours and the boots only we are going to Yorkshire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!! You will so not be disappointed I promise. Fab justification isn't it? Xxxx

      Delete
  9. If you are going to Suffolk and like seafood go here http://www.butleyorfordoysterage.co.uk/
    It has its own oyster beds and fishing boats, the food is amazing and surprisingly cheap and there are some great ruins that the kids can play on just nearby. I struggle with Suffolk (as usually get rain) but this place (almost) makes the 2.5 hour drive worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this place. We normally go there when we stay in Orford just The Husband and myself. Hadn't thought about taking the kids, good call.

      We adore Suffolk whatever the weather. The Husband is much better not in the heat!!

      Delete
  10. They are absolutely horrible, don´t get them. They remind me of this fashion trend in the 80's a mix between a sneaker and a wedge. Scary...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I completely appreciate they're totally marmite. And yes they are v 80's aren't they? But I don't recall them from first time round so am happy to give them a go (not because I'm too young I hasten to point out, just the opposite, my memory is completely knackered!!

      Delete
  11. For me, it would have to be the genial as I'm not good in too high heels (I tower over everyone), and I like the name of the colour perkish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I too tower over most people but doesn't bother me now. Occasionally I do think hmmmm maybe I shouldn't but then I look at lower shoes and think noooooo I love the higher ones!

      Delete
  12. Hi. Another great blog. The shoes look amazing. Love the clay and think they'd probably go with more but the perkish ones look fab too. can totally see why you ordered the three pairs. Glad to see summer has arrived with you. It must be still on route to Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Has the sun arrived in Ireland yet? Fingers crossed it has and you're having great weather as well xxx.

      Delete
    2. Hi. Has well and truly arrived. Hope your enjoying your holiday. I went to Penneys (Primark) today to look for those Hav rip offs and ended up buying them, shorts, nude vest top and lovely sheer type top to go over it. Totally inspired by you. Thanks Sammy

      Delete
  13. Loving your blog...have had a couple of shopping trips after taking ideas from your great outfits, has to be the clay for me, think I might have to order some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you've had some shopping success, what have you bought?

      And I can highly recommend the clay. Absolutely love them!

      Delete
  14. I am still struggling with the idea of trainers with heels even if they are wedges. Looking forward to hearing what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a random concept it has to be said! I eased myself in gently with the Madonna stud trainer wedges by Ash which are black leather and less obviously trainers.

      They're clearly not going to be everyone's cup of tea but I'm totally converted now.

      Xxxx

      Delete
  15. I think the clay ones are the best looking but if it was me i would try the perkish as the heel looks easier to do. love your blog started checking you out after your news paper story. you write really well and i find it very helpful and interesting have started to get a few jackets together and looking up all you mention so keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the genials never arrived and so I am destined to never know what perkish is, but have to say the higher Thelmas are unbelievably comfy. I guess that is the perk of them being part trainer!

      Am so pleased you've found the blog useful. Such a lovely thing to hear, I honestly am very touched. Hopefully will keep being helpful!,

      Delete
  16. genial In Perkish. Although, I'm not 100% convinced by any of them... Bea's are far nicer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup love the Beas but am saving that style for A/W. The Husband also thinks they ming

      Delete
  17. I think you have fabulous personal style and you have creative eyes in putting the look together! Very inspiring! All I need to do is loose a bit of weight ASAP and my bum would not look my whole 42! ;)

    Come walk my footsteps in my visit to Venice/Treviso:
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/05/micro-break-from-heat-veneto-italy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  18. Love the clay!! Where did you get the fabulous Sam Edelman Fretwork wedges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      The Sam Edelman wedges are from My Wardrobe last year. They have served me v v well.

      Delete
  19. The clay!! The clay!!! In fact damn you I might have to order some too - do they do bulk discounts or referral discounts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you so so so should! And wouldn't it be great if they did groups discounts. I should look into it for A/W. leave it with me........

      Delete
  20. Ok Kat since I've started reading your blog I have bought two Isabella Oliver long t- shirts, two malene burger scarves and a pair of wedge trainers! Now I need a recommendation for a really nice summer dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fantastic! Right will be doing a summer dress thread v shortly, probably maxi.......

      Delete
  21. Darling, you have exquisite taste but these shoes are just plain ugly. (Very, very Kerry Katona) You will look back in a years' time and think 'WTF?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think they are ugly. You do look lovely but have you thought about wearing anything other than skinny jeans? Sometimes it's nice to ring the changes.

      Delete
    2. Oh I may well look back and think barf. But to be honest, I'm sure there are loads of things I will be doing that about!

      I think they're probaly more V Beckham than Kerry! (actually i'm sure she wore a pair a couple of yrs ago. Hmmmm never mind)

      I do definitely wear things other than skinny jeans, on the above post I have straight legged jeans on, I occasionally wear wide legged or boot cut and this week I've been wearing a skirt and a dress!! But you're right, I do definitely prefer a skinnier leg. I do try and ring the changes with differen lengths, different fabrics, colours and patterns. As for full on shorter skirts. Nope never. I hate my knees and naked legs, just won't ever wear them! Certainy not that I don't like them, just not on me!

      Delete
    3. Fair point, I've just seen your other pics! I think the long skirts look lovely on you, particularly the dress you went shopping in, even if you only made it to Primark! Xx

      Delete
  22. Definately the clay look better in the photos.

    Loving your blog, only been following you for a few weeks - already bought (more) statement jackets, scarfs and tops. Now that summer has arrived can't wait to see your classy summer styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fabulous. I love being an enabler! A snippet in the next blog of some summer styles, let's hope the weather continues and we can see some more. Thank You so much for your kind words xxxx

      Delete
  23. Forget the Thelma's, forget the Genials, forget the Bea's, Bowies in grey are the ones to get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are absolutely stunning, you're right. But pale grey suede?????!! I am too slovenly to remotely contemplate them!!

      Delete
  24. well, i thank you for the sunshine, it's been fab :)
    as for the shoes - Ash Thelma in Clay, there so the best
    love the blog, keep posting please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of service! And yes, the Thelma in clay are definitely the best for me. Will keep blogging! Thank you xxx

      Delete
  25. I have the genials in 'wax perkish' so will attempt to enlighten you. Basically a stone/beige leather colour. That's it! Now DH is asking what I'm tap tap tapping on the laptop about. Serious eye rolling from him now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ordered the Camel, received more expensive Clay in error....skin so pale i look like i'm levitating as legs and boots merge into one big pale vastness...damn shame....returned in hope of receiving the Camels after all. Also ordered the Seal from last season and they're yummy :)

    ReplyDelete