TOWIE on the farm. Not my finest look.

Ok I'll hold my hands up.  I have had a massive wardrobe malfunction when it comes to holiday packing.  I know, I know, I was waxing lyrical about how pleased I was with what I'd bought with me.  Tool.  Peaked way too early in the week.  


Now of course I'm going to blame the weather, as clearly it can't be my fault.  Yeah right.  I definitely had too much sun last week, as what was I thinking that the weather would last? I've only lived on this godforsaken, weather blighted island for the past 39 years, give or take a year here or there.  As if the wonderful streak of gloriousness was going to last more than a couple of days.  Duh.  Packing, I had banked on it being stunningly warm - check - and then I'd hedged my bets (it's no wonder I'm not allowed within 100 feet of a bookies) and the remainder of clothes were for those "slightly cooler" days. 


Missing from my suitcase was anything for the downright fecking freezing.


Which it was yesterday. We did have a lovely day - went crabbing at Walberswick.  One could have been forgiven for thinking it was February.  Flipflops were the worst idea on the planet.  I literally couldn't feel my toes after 10 minutes.  And then a (very) long lunch at The Anchor (fantastic place).  Quick trip to Snape Maltings where I have made a very long shopping of list of gorgeous housey things (whether or not I get to go back and buy them all is up to how nice I am to The Husband in the next day or two..... am toying with a mummy & RR1 having a trip out early doors tomorrow morning.  Bonding time, you know.)


Anyway, this is what I wore yesterday.  Beyond inappropriate for the weather although one of my fave summer outfits.  Normally worn with massive necklace but not entirely needed for the crabbing part of the day so relented and went small.



Beige vest - By Malene Birger
Leopard print maxi skirt - Zara
Denim jacket - Red Herring at Debenhams.
Faded gold fake havs - Primark
Tan leather & rivet cuff - Mulberry
Gold bee necklace - Alex Monroe
Gold pine cones necklace - NW3 by Hobbs
Vanilla Roxanne - Mulberry
Sunglasses - Tom Ford


As if yesterday wasn't bad enough - dear lord, today was a freaking disaster wardrobe wise.  So listening to the weather forecast (I mean seriously, why oh why oh why do I bother? Right?  Ever?  That'll be no.  Or rarely), today on the East Coast was going to be cold under the clouds, cloudy all day and therefore similar to yesterday - chilly McChilly then.  So we decided to go to Southwold for a spot of shopping (clearly my idea) and a mooch along the pier.  Fish & chips for lunch (placating RR1 the coeliac with a verging on college fund size bribe).  Sorted.  And hence I dressed for the occasion.  We'd be in a town, so not "too" cold, I'd be fine. 


However on starting to drive, the sun suddenly came out of nowhere, the skies turned blue and it again became all too obvious that the aircon in our skip on wheels (aka the car) had failed.  "Let's go to the Farm" decided The Husband.  Greeted by euphoric cries from all three RRs.  (I had obviously done a crap job of persuading them that a spin around the boutiques of Southwold was a great way to spend a day.  Bugger) 


Hence, we arrived at the Farm (Easton Park Farm in Easton, nr Woodbridge, which I cannot recommend highly enough.  In the right attire clearly.  Fantastic place).  And I looked like a complete tit. 


So originally dressed for shopping - tick.  Ended up on the farm - TOWIEtastic. 


All feel free to guffaw at my expense.  I deserve it.  And I'm still blaming the weather......



And here, as a special treat, to show what an utter tool I looked in situ.




Light beige vest - Primark
White linen t-shirt - Zara
Distressed faded skinny jeans - Zara
Scarf print jacket - Zara
Clay Thelma wedges - Ash
Gold bee necklace - Alex Monroe
Gold pine cones necklace - NW3 by Hobbs
Tan leather & rivet cuff - Mulberry
Vanilla Roxanne - Mulberry
Hessian bag - Sainsburys
Sunglasses - Tom Ford


And tomorrow it's supposed to be raining.  The hilarity of my outfits will continue as I have absolutely nothing that is remotely wet weather appropriate.  I may send The Husband out early doors to get an umbrella (actually balls to that, I'll take RR1 out on the pretence of getting an umbrella and we'll sneak to Snape Maltings for some retail therapy. I haven't bought an iota online or instore for nearly a week.  I'm having withdrawal symptoms).


I haven't really been surfing online - faint, shock horror, wtf? I hear you cry. I have been Reading A Book.  One with pages and small words and everything.  The Brethren by John Grisham.  Clearly not a book of the cerebral variety but I'm loving it and it's that long since I've read something that doesn't have pictures (ie a magazine) that I haven't been able to put it down. 


I did however clearly have a sneaky peak at what's new at Zara.  No shit sherlock.  I honestly should get paid dividends by Zara no?  Unfortunately they are even more inept at social media than me.  Although as I am clearly an unpaid extension of their PR arm, it doesn't really matter I guess.  


Anyway, this skirt is just beyond gorgeous.  I will admit that I "might" have tried to order it but it's OOS although apparently coming back in.   The final nail in my summer wardrobe coffin and I shall now be thinking about A/W.  Beyond excited. 




Will report back on how much of a tosser I look tomorrow. xxxxx

Share this:

CONVERSATION

12 comentarios:

  1. oh my! the farm outfit is just hilarious, really made me giggle. Love reading this blog, completely adore Zara so love the way you put the outfits together. Very curious to hear about how the other visitors regarded you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, wasn't it. I have to say Zara is easily my ultimate high street store and just gets better every year. They really need to have a slightly crap period though otherwise I am going to be completely bankrupt!

      Re the other visitors, well handily there were only a handful of other people there, it not being half term yet and I guess the weather forecast having been not so great. They didn't "seem" to stare too much. Luckily the absolute piss poor behaviour of my children took any heat off what I was wearing (never thought i'd see their feral tendencies in any positive light)

      Delete
  2. Too tired to write a proper comment but damn that was funny! You need your own TV show xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm not sure TV is ready for my ugly mug yet!

      Delete
  3. God I love you!!! My motto has always been "you can never be overdressed" and congrats what a fab farm outfit. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so pleased someone likes it!! I do normally completely bow down to your adage but felt slightly foolish on this occasion. And more importantly I was somewhat concerned about my jacket getting trashed!! (hence it's in my bag which obviously RR3 then managed to spill Ribena into. Couldn't write it.)

      xxxx

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I love that Zara Leopard print maxi skirt! And you, my dear, are just too funny. You have become my breakfast time pick-me-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried very hard not to giggle, honestly. But you did look lovely regardless. Still think the clay are perfect on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore leopard print so adore your maxi. Also love the Zara one, although would probably have to get about 20 inches lobbed off it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious - you need to watch some Real Housewives - they'd totally approve of your attire given what they wear to Costa Rica and South Africa etc:) Love that jacket - nearly walked out with it the other day.

    I'm having the opposite weather issue - still craving to wear boots, jackets and pants but it's flaming 90 degrees F here...it sucks - truly it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too funny! I love your farm outfit! Just love reading your blog at the moment. It is a tonic. Fashion without the snobbery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sister always wears highly inappropriate outfits but she just claims she is testing them for Posh Spice before she goes there lol xxx

    ReplyDelete