So I've solved the practical clothing issue.

And it's all down in the end to a lovely local company.  Well, actually they're not local local, the designer is in fact from Denmark but we have the first stand alone store of hers in a nearby town.

May I present - Ilse Jacobsen from Denmark.  Now I know lots of you will have heard of her and her wonderful range of clothing but for those who haven't and are still on that eternal hunt for practical clothing that can keep you warm in the rain and snow (school runs and rugby pitch sidelines was my need - mainly the latter as you have to stand out there for hours), look no further - I think I have found the perfect solution. 

I've been following the local shop on Twitter and Instagram and when I asked if they could tell me a bit more about their clothes and boots as I'd seen them out and about on people locally, they asked me down to come down and meet them.  Over a lovely couple of hours in their gorgeous shop in Tunbridge Wells, I explained to them the issue that so many people have contacted me about and a problem I've struggled with for years - practical clothing that doesn't look like you've raided Millets for and are about to climb Everest. 

The shop itself is gorgeous.  (for a start, I had floor envy....)



Untitled Untitled


They asked if I'd like to try out some of their clothes as they were convinced I'd find them dry, warm and stylish.  They even thought they'd sussed my footwear issue.. 

And after a month or so of giving them a good run through, I can now confirm that these clothes are amazing.  They are warm, they are super comfortable, they are waterproof, windproof and do exactly what they say on the tin.  Plus I've had lots of compliments on them from people asking where they're from.  I have this rugby mum thing sussed. 

Starting with the boots - I was advised to choose the tall welly plus the fleece sock which turn a plain welly into a really great looking and warm boot.



It was however a real decision to make between the black and the navy. 




Untitled

Coat wise again, I took their advice and they said their bestselling Hip-Length Softshell raincoat was a no brainer.  And yes it is.  I opted for plain black as it covers all my bases and I'm still a lover of all things nero, however there are a host of different colours to choose from. 






Untitled


However for when it's really cold or you just need a lighter coat, they recommended the Down Jacket which you wear on its own or under the Shell above as a layer for extra warmth. 





Untitled



Untitled />


Their UK store website is under construction but there are loads of pics and details on their facebook page.  Or if you call the store at 6 High Street, Tunbridge Wells, directly for further info, they are super friendly and will get you kitted out with all you need.  I am over the moon with the items I've reviewed and am infinitely grateful to the lovely ladies at the Ilse Jacobsen store in Tunbridge Wells and their Danish counterparts.  Best number to contact them on is 01892 537241.

Expect to see me in these outfits weekly until next Spring (and even then, when it's wet, I shall be sporting them) 

Finishing as per usual with an outfit - this time from the weekend.  Saturday night, party with friends - a hideously late finish but a wonderful evening. And.... drum roll.... the new trousers  Whilst I haven't totally mastered the pleather skinnies, I am rather chuffed with these ones from Zara.  Now it does say online you can handwash them, but the label itself says no wash, no dry clean.... Which is on the minging side surely?  I shall handwash them I think (not quite yet - I can be slightly on the minging side to be fair....) 

Untitled

Black blouse - Zara
Pleather peg leg trousers - Zara
Black Asymmetrical court shoes - Zara
Bling earrings and bracelet - Forever21
Leopard print clutch bag - Tory Burch 

Have been at home all day and at the Dr's with a poorly 10 year old who is now on anti-b's (first time in at least 5 years as I've never had to ask before if they were gluten free) so fingers crossed they'll put her on the road to recovery quickly.  Spent most of the day sorting out the table plans, cheques and menus for the Winter Ball on Saturday night.  All done and dusted now - one huge job that I may have been putting off... now done.  *punches air* 

Fingers crossed I'm off to London tomorrow (poorly child permitting....prays to god of antibiotics to do their magic, obviously as I want her to not feel so ill........ obviously......) for a lunch at Shoreditch House and then out for drinks with the bestie in London early evening.    Can you believe I haven't even thought about what to wear?!  That's me sorted for the next hour then... ARRGGHH.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

39 comentarios:

  1. Ilse Jackobsen is my saviour too, I have a I.J navy trenchcoat which I can even wear over my mustard yellow zara coat and still look fine & stay dry ( as today proved: it has been raining non-stop here for the last 48 hours or so.)
    can you really wash pleather? curieus to know how it comes out of the machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can wash pleather! I have another pair that I wash and most others I've looked at you can. Cold handwash. (but let's cross our fingers...!)

      Delete
  2. Need this raincoat (suffering every Sunday on the side of my own wet cold soggy pitch) what are their sizing a like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARGGH I'm not sure . I can't for the life of me remember what size I have, but I will look and I will get back to you x

      Delete
  3. You do evening wear so well Kat! Great outfit and those pleather pants suit you perfectly! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love my Ilse Jacobson wellies and adore your evening outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing aren't they and thank you xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh super stunning with the blouse - I adore that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my love - I have to say they surpassed my expectations x

      Delete
  6. I knew when you said Danish, that it would be lovely stuff. And it really is. My son will only play rugby if I don't watch though, so I don't have an excuse to buy any of it. Oh well. Great pleather too - and I never thought I'd say that about peg trousers, if that is what they're called? Its funny, a change in silhouette looks so refreshing. Maybe its time to leave skinny jeans behind. Although I am not tall, so I really don't know if I can make the break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my lord, only if you don't watch?! You're so lucky. Yes they are peg leg trousers!! They're not bad, are they? x

      Delete
  7. Absolutely adore your Saturday night outfit. I would never have entertained those trousers on the hanger but they look amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have to say I am surprised by how much I love them x

      Delete
  8. Just wanted to say I LOVE your blog..you are so funny and refreshing..very stylish and HIP. Ive been looking for a fashion blog for us 40 somethings and I finally found YOU. You look beautiful by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, what is the sizing like on the Down Jacket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARRGGH I can't for the life of me remember but I will check and get back to you - I'll let you know what size I have xx

      Delete
    2. please let us know as I really would like to buy but unsure whether to go med or large?

      Delete
  10. I've said this for years - why, when the weather in the UK is invariably rain, cold or combination, does no-one do stylish clothes that cope with the climate. Everyone always looks completely surprised as they are soaked through to the skin or don a kagoul. Brilliant range of clothing - I only spend 2 months a year in England now but already putting things on my wishlist. P.S. Spent 1 hour on the sidelines of teen netball tonight - considered what I would wear for more than 2 seconds - even included an artfully draped scarf. Your influence. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for your kind comments and yes, these are definitely definitely worth a look. Totally timeless I'd say x

      Delete
  11. Hi Kat, I love you outfit in the last picture, you look very glamourous. I have been on the hunt for leather peg leg/jogger trousers. I tried the Topshop faux leather joggers, they were lovely however they are for small or average sized ladies, they forgot to make these in tall. I don't understand why shops make trousers in petite and average sizing and forget to make the same item for taller ladies, after all there are a lot of ladies that are taller than average. Anyway now that my grumble is over, what were you favourite faux leather peg leg/joggers trousers? Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite agree, tall ladies need love too!
      Lou

      Delete
    2. Oh totally agree, it's so so irritating. I have to say these Zara ones aren't too bad at all. I tried joggers on and god they looked AWFUL on me. Gathered waist did me no favours at all - these with the pleated front and wasitband are so so much better in my humble opinion xx

      Delete
  12. Have you tried any of these faux leather peg leg/jogger trousers?
    http://www.warehouse.co.uk/1/1/15963-pu-jogger.html

    https://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ShopCartPage?catalogId=22051&orderId=.&langId=-1&storeId=10706

    http://www.asos.com/bcbgeneration/bcbgeneration-track-pant-in-faux-leather/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4560695&clr=Black&SearchQuery=leather+trousers&pgesize=10&pge=1&totalstyles=10&gridsize=3&gridrow=4&gridcolumn=1

    http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-leather-look-joggers/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4283946&clr=Black&SearchQuery=leather+trousers&pgesize=10&pge=1&totalstyles=10&gridsize=3&gridrow=2&gridcolumn=2

    http://www.asos.com/muubaa/muubaa-tyras-leather-trousers-with-drawstring/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4192197&clr=Black&SearchQuery=leather+trousers&pgesize=10&pge=1&totalstyles=10&gridsize=3&gridrow=2&gridcolumn=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the warehouse ones (NO!) but not any of the ASOS ones. I can't get the Zara link to work but I think I put a link in above to the ones I bought which I thought were the best by far. (for me!) x

      Delete
  13. Great puffer jacket and pleather pants. Cute boots too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those boots are lovely (I am also a rugby mum!). How are they for size, and round the calf area? Mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Size I would say they're on the accurate size, if on the slightly small as opposed to big BUT I do always wear mine with an extra sock so..... Round the calf, the beauty of the laces is that you can adjust them!!

      Delete
  15. Kat! Where's the rest of this weeks blogs? Is everything ok?
    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, normal service is now resumed! x

      Delete
  16. Hi Kat - what size did you take in the Down Jacket. Also what size are you in Mango jeans? Finally, sorry but thought i would get it all in, in one go........................what size & length are you in those M&S sculpt and lift jeans (like you, I can't quite believe I am considering getting a pair of M&S jeans..............it does make you feel a tad wrinkle and crinkle!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIght, I"ll let you know about the jacket - Mango I'm a 10 and in the M&S jeans I was an 8 with a long leg! Hope that helps xx

      Delete
  17. How did you get on! (and thank you - poor thing had to have two days off school, v unlike her) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kat you are a legend, I absolutely love your blog, honestly you are such a style guru. I purchased the Zara faux leathers as you suggested and they are extremely flattering, thank you, thank you, thank you x

    ReplyDelete