Just add colour.

or not - depending on how the mood takes you.  One of the most versatile options for a dress (yes we're all about the dress at the moment, but fear not - there are shoes in the offing - you can't talk about getting a new dress without contemplating new shoes can you?) is monochrome.  Which is handy as it's everywhere this S/S.  Easy to keep along the monochrome lines, teaming with either white or black accessories (or a combo of both) or changing the look completely by adding pops of colour. 

Loads to choose from - especially as some of the offers end today, Friday.  (my credit card is itching....)

Mango Black and white dress   I love the simplicity of this 




Jaeger Mono stripe dress £159.20 on Price match at John Lewis   Usually £199.   A complete classic that you'd have in your wardrobe for years. 











Dorothy Perkins  now a rather bargainous £24.50 due to a running promotion.  Apparently according to the reviews online it comes up rather large - so just order a smaller size!  


By Malene Birger Lullian Silk Monochrome dress - £225  This is my favourite of all the striped dresses (bar the Zara one below for day wear).  The only thing - ONLY thing is the bra issue.  Now I have boobage akin to two fried eggs.  But even fried eggs don't want to be swinging around loose and fancy free in church (thinking First Holy Communion)  And so I'd need some sort of wonder scaffolding which goes round the waist?  As one who isn't totally au fait on the wonders of bras (bar those of the Wonderbra variety), I'm assuming such a miracle item does exist?  

It also helps that I would sell a small child for the shoes.  Hubba hubba. 






Striped dress from Zara - £39.99 I love this.  Completely love it.  Unfortunately though I know exactly what sort of fabric it is - thin and mademade which I have absolutely no issue with for a top but this really doesn't wear the best during the day.  So whilst I don't think for me, it would stand the test of a formal event, it can definitely (especially for that price) go on my list of day dresses that I'm accumulating. 




Black and white spot 3/4 sleeve crepe dress from Next £40  Moving away from stripes as I appreciate they're totally not everyone's cup of tea.  And I think this is quite cute.






Black and white Jacquard dress - £45 from Next   This is probably too formal for me - I'm more taken with the orange lining which is clearly not the point.  But I'd like to see the fabric up close - the jacquard element interests me...





Mono Riviera dress in 100% silk from All Saints.  £168  This has to be my favourite.  I'm not sure it's the one for the First Holy Communion, I think I'm probably in need of something slightly more demure... but for a number of other occasions I have, this fits the bill like a glove.  I shall be going to try on (knowing that it will look rankola on me.)




Another Alexon (cough) number! An unbelievable £49.60... I'm thinking this must be a typo at that price... In grey and white which actually may be a lot easier for some people to wear.  





Last day of hols here.  It has gone so so quickly, I can't believe that's our family holiday over for this year.  It has been amazing and I feel very very blessed.  Back to reality with a bang tomorrow afternoon.  And the weather is set to change as well.  The law of sod.  On the upside, it's not cold cold so I get to trawl through my beloved selection of Spring clothes.  




Untitled


Nude vest - Primark
Rectangle linen knit oatmeal jumper - The White Company 
White skinny jeans - Boden  Rolled up to 7/8ths length. 
Fabulous Finches scarf in Owl brown - Mulberry
Gold pine cones necklace - NW3 by Hobbs
Gold bee necklace - Alex Monroe
Gold leather sneakers - Gap
Grey Cherelle cross body bag - Whistles 

Coming up soon I've got shoes (for the above dresses obviously - just in case....) and day dresses, in case we ever do see the sun for more than 24 hours! 


Share this:

CONVERSATION

16 comentarios:

  1. Absolutely love the All Saints one - bet it will look stunning on you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto!! The All Saints one is lush! I like the spotty Next one too, very cute & more suitable for Church duties! :) Ax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jaeger! Seen this over at mint velvet?http://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/-navy-&-ivory-stripe-dress-/sale/mint-v/fcp-product/2711 ( not too sure on fabric. Could be a flammable special I suspect. Still if you avoid hairspray and the fags, shouldn't be an issue I suppose.....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks lovely. And yes, the Jaeger one is gorgeous. Completely gorgeous.

      Delete
  4. Love the spotty one and the Zara one - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favs are the mango one and the Malene Birger one (loving those shoes too!) all of these would look great on you though Kat, make sure and post pics of the all saints one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your blog because it's refreshing to read a blog by someone who isn't 'twenty something' and I simply adore your style as it is very close to my own. I have the Riviera dress from All Saints (in grey marl rather than patterned) and it's really flattering - I think you'll be surprised when you try it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But I was gutted when the Riviera dress didn't work. Although the jersey one was infinitely better than the silk one!

      Delete
  7. The Riviera in mono is to die for - it sits fat better than the jersey version - the slits are not too indecent. It's on my wish list when their sale starts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god it looked so so pants on me! Hope you get it in the sale darling xxx

      Delete
  8. Oh Kat please don't tell me that is your holiday's over for this year! Last year was so much fun on the yacht in Greece and the Italy wedding. I'm gonna miss all those funny packing and outfit dilemma's x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have no fear - there appears to be a girls weekend on the cards.....

      Delete
  9. ...love the floral one by vivienne westwood...saw a great one you may like in anthropologies catalogue that came through the door...150 or therabouts looks much more...shifty, loose and covered in beads...all saints crossed with something less grungy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am off to Anthro tomorrow with high hopes...! thank you xx

      Delete