Thank heavens for Discount Codes & new Shoes.

Every now and again things really do work out for a reason.  Normally, the phrase "ask and thee shall receive" is a crock of the proverbial.  But, like I said, every now and again, the shopping Gods smile down on us.  

The other week I posted my lust list and then very nicely enquired on Twitter as to whether there was a Hobbs code floating round.  As, the more I thought about the black strappy flat shoes, the more I needed them.  I needed them as I was fast becoming addicted to flat shoes and my beloved black skater shoes from Next were about to become surgically attached to my feet.  You know when you get something in your head and simply every outfit would look perfect with said item?  (probably just me I appreciate)  But these shoes were becoming a total necessity. 

And lo and behold, two days later, what drops in my inbox but a 20% off code from Hobbs.  Now may I please point out at this juncture, I have absolutely no contacts whatsoever within Hobbs, I haven't been asked, paid or had anything donated to write this post and in fact unless I specifically mention it in an article, we can take it as read that there are just some shops I like shopping in and am happy to share my views on them. 

I also had one pair of shoes left to buy in April and so the timing was perfect.  Et Voila - my new shoes.  For the record, I have learnt that these are very much love them or hate them.  The family loathe them (I honestly thought The Husband looked like he may vomit) but I know that others do love them - clearly I am in the latter camp.  Finally I have a pointed black flat that doesn't crease ridiculously within two seconds of having them on your feet, that don't pinch over the toes in order to fit and that you don't have to size up to be able to get them on.  They are the Mary Poppins of black pointed shoes - pretty much perfect in every way.  (to me anyway) 

These have been on my lust list for a while - I first papped them a month or so ago with a whole load of other goodies from Hobbs when I popped in with a friend and I have been meaning to do a blog dedicated to them as they've definitely upped their game this season. 

What better time to do it than when there is 20% off.  Code is SUMMER. 

Starting with the shoes in question.



image





Officially obsessed with becoming a fully pair up member of the fugly brigade, with these...

Selma Sandal in silver (also available in black, white or oxblood red) £129








Now as much as I've said I'm having a total flat moment, there is something I love about these.  Monochrome of course. 


These again are high - love the idea of lots of coverage for those whiter than white feet at the moment. 

NW3 Lyla Shoe £149




image


Moving onto dresses and there are some great day or night dresses in Hobbs. 






Very La Beckham inspired but this is a much more wearable version. 







image

This rather corporate looking but is the perfect foil for more statement shoes or a fabulous print coat (of which obviously I have my eye on) 


I love the very subtle detailing on this. 


Shirt dresses - I'm quite liking these dressed down with *obviously* flats....  These do of course go in the washing machine. 



Moving onto separates and good old culottes - in navy. 

Blue NW3 Lily Culottes £79 (dry clean only...) 

And in white

NW3 Jenna Culottes £85. Love the huge pocket detail on the front of these.  These ones are handwash which is obviously brilliant.

Now I will go report back with my light coloured jean search - perhaps tomorrow or Thursday but in the meantime, I wish I'd tried these on last week. 



An obvious choice when there is 20% off is leather. 

This is the most impractical top but I have to say I think it's pretty darn gorgeous. 







And a really useful navy top - which is a great price to dress up or dress down - ideal with coated skinnies and heels for the evening or would work just as well over any sort of denim for during the day.  Or even with shorts - yes, we shall be approaching the thorny subject of shorts very soon. 



There is also a matching skirt which would transform a plain tee into a great outfit, fit for any dressy occasion.  These are the sorts of items which would work perfectly if you were looking for a dress for a wedding or something *fancy* but didn't want to end up with a dress you'd never wear again.  You might not get as much use out of the skirt but at least you'll have a top that you could wear again and again.  Skirt wise though, I do think this would also look great with a little close cut jumper and flat shoes. 




Slightly upping the budget but you would definitely get more wear out of these.  Do remember to factor in the 20% off.....  And it's a classic you would wear again and again and again......



Here is the matching top in silk - this would look also fab with skinny indigo jeans or black jeans, black capri pants for an evening out or with a pair of sloberama boyfriend baggy jeans for the day time (just add Birkies - wink wink).  Team with a cream leather skirt, or even white for a different look too - or even a black one (that Wishbone one hasn't disappeared from my wishlist yet) 








And I'll just slip in here the Vida Skirt which matches the Vida leather top above.  I've seen these instore together and they look amazing as an ensemble (fabulous huge revamped store in Covent Garden if you're ever in the neighbourhood) 




And on the subject of clothes, leaving my favourite till the end.   I am actually having to sit on my hands not to buy this coat.  I'm not going to lie - it's not looking good.  The justification stakes have reached an all new high and I am desperate to buy this.  I could perhaps, *perhaps* swing this in that the two coats (three actually as the green Zara one is a similar shape) I have that are the same style - FWM leopard print one and navy H&M one I have on today, I get so much wear out of.  They are the most versatile coat/jacket/thingy that I have ever come across.  Smart, out to dinner, out with the girls, even to a wedding, these work as well as they do totally dressed down with skater shoes and boyfriend jeans.   

Actually thinking outloud - my 6 year old 3.1 Phillip Lim dress coat in grey is the same collarless 3/4 length shape *air punch*.  I think I would love this coat as much as I would love a puppy.  Maybe even more.



Do I cave or do I wait for the sale..... Which, actually, can't be *that* far off seeing as they get earlier every year.  Will it be reduced more than 20%?  Will there by any left?  Do I want to just get a navy dress and be sorted for all my smart occasions that I have coming up......?  (dashes off on a navy dress quest.....)

So here are my outfits with my new shoes on. 


image

Pale Grey tee - H&M
Dark Grey linen top - Zara
Triple zip skinny black trousers - Mint Velvet
Leopard Print Coat - Fenn Wright Manson
Delphine Pump - NW3 at Hobbs
Black Diego bag - Alexander Wang

And today 

image image

Black short sleeved shirt - Hawes & Curtis
Navy and white breton top - H&M
Dark Indigo straight leg jeans turned up - Jigsaw
Navy coat - H&M
Delphine Pump - NW3 by Hobbs
Black Diego bag - Alexander Wang

So have Hobbs managed to elevate themselves from the very corporate, dare I say, rather safe haven where I personally feel thy used to sit, to a real contender for the "not ready for Windsmoor yet" 40 year old crew?  I feel they've definitely turned a corner this season and I am so so looking forward to A/W14 (where I reckon I could still wear that blue check coat... in the Autumn at the very least......) 


Share this:

CONVERSATION

37 comentarios:

  1. The Delphine pumps are just absolutely exquisite! - so nice, and they look superb in your outfit pics
    :0)
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them Kat, I have my eye on the ones from Office that are almost identical but are only £69.99, albeit I haven't seen the quality up close compared to your Hobbs ones. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, now I have done close up comparisons and these don't have a buckle. they have a tiny gold button ball which honestly, honestly, makes all the difference. These are lower cut & I love a bit of toe cleavage at this time of year and they're a wedge whereas the others aren't. So just over £30 difference but I think I would always regret not getting these ones. xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you Kat - just been comparing online and yes the Hobbs look worth the extra pennies. Xx

      Delete
  3. I love them and you look fabulous! Now I feel a sneaky purchase coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them! I also want to call my as yet unborn child Delphine if it's a girl (less than 9 weeks to go) so I'm a bit biased....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the name Delphine - excellent excellent choice. Are you allowed to spill what your boy choice is? x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. YAY! They're so different, aren't they? xx

      Delete
  6. Not convinced - but they look nice with your outfits

    ReplyDelete
  7. The delphine pumps are utterly utterly gorgeous! Unfortunately I know they wouldn't suit my foot. But they look fab on you 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame. I am so in love with them! x

      Delete
  8. I get my Hobbs fix when I take my youngest to a riding lesson near Ringwood and I have to spend a couple of hours mooching around the shops there. I will be looking out for those shoes because they look pretty darn fine to me. I also love the chocolate leather tee . I am picturing myself in it with a pair of white skinnies and big shades and tan sandals. We' ll see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? Would be just the most amazing investment buy but my concern would be the sweat issue.... They're so expensive to dry clean. GAH

      Delete
    2. This might sound weird but as I was contemplating your shoes again this morning. I don't usually think about your shoes first thing in the morning I might add ( very quickly) my thought was how great they would look with that Whistles silver skirt which I now am Olympic standard obsessed with.

      Delete
  9. They are gorgeous on you Kat - really really lovely....fab purchase and yay at the 20% off! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab new shoes....love them! How brilliant to get them with the 20% off!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love - good timing or what?! (except now I SO need that bloody jacket as well.... DARN IT)

      Delete
  11. Love the navy perforated seren top and matching skirt. For a wedding on 1 August, what would look good as accessories/shoes - any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoes I honestly think the world is your oyster. You could keep it classic with a court shoes (I wouldn't do nude as that's v predictable but how about a colour like a fuschia or lime?) Gold??! Silver also looks gorgeous with navy or I have to say I also totally love navy on navy..... There are some fabulous navy t-bars on ASOS that I had on a blog ages ago which would look v classic with that. xx

      Delete
  12. Love these shoes, they look great on you, especially love the first outfit with the mint velvet jeans. Just showed them to my husband as I was thinking they would be perfect for now when boots too warm and it's not really casual sandal weather yet either. He doesn't like them. What is wrong with men? No style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine said I look like a demented goth. Arse.

      Delete
  13. Love the shoes, a slight departure for you but they suit you so much and you have the slim legs and height to carry them off! I really like the Cali snake top too.

    What I have realised recently is the sandals I am drawn to and usually wear were thought fugly. I thought I was looking good! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they are aren't they, but it does prove that sometimes you can sneak outside your comfort zone. The snake top is gorgeous isn't it - would certainly be a great wardrobe staple. And welcome to the dark side on the sandals. xx

      Delete
  14. Well I love them personally and I think you already know that. They're a fab addition to the wardrobe. Just wish they'd suit my fat feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you never know till you try them... scratch that itch chicken xxxxx

      Delete
  15. Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry. You should just try them on to scratch that itch....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have you seen the Lavish Alice culottes? Love them. Sold out everywhere of course. Oh yeah and dry clean only..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Liked the photo of the shoes when you posted previously - love them on you! They are the perfect blend of prim and edgy! Am liking them more than rockstuds - though suspect they maybe more husband friendly - but who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these Kat, absolutely love them. Am on a spending ban otherwise I'd be snapping a pair up. Also, I bought the lavender ASOS mens crew neck that you blogged about - the fabric snob in me loved the 100% vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yessss I love the Delphine pumps you look fab in them - cant believe your family disapproved lol!

    I tend to fall in love with pretty much all of the NW3 range at Hobbs and their shoes ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love them! They are just divine & look awesome on you! xx

    ReplyDelete