It's Offer Season

That's what us mere mortals have to look forward to as opposed to Awards Season for those higher beings who live in Hollywood. 

Well, I say that, M&S have broken the season's cherry by being the first to bring forth a 20% off weekend.  Let the floodgates open, that's what I say (I'm looking at you Mango.....) 

But in the meantime, we should all make merry at M&S. 

As they are having a truly auspicious start to the year.  Yes, they've obviously teamed up with Vogue, who do a great job of making everything seem amazing - you sort of would think that the team at M&S might take note when thinking about next season's clothes shots?  Apparently not.  Although I'm sure there is method in, what to most of us appears to be, madness.  I remember working there as a Saturday girl (and Thursday nights - you had to do Thursday nights too...) 28 years ago (DEAR GOD) and being gobsmacked that their most popular line was a pair of crinoline old lady trousers.  Seriously, they looked like they were fit for a WWII fancy dress outfit.  But they were their best seller... 

Anyway I digress, it's not all bad.  In fact some of it is downright marvellous.  I had planned on doing another blog trying to get you to guess the retailer but I'll fling it in here, seeing as they've got 20% off till Monday.  Use the code FEB15EM.

So starting with this gem of a pic.

No, it's not Matches, it's not Net a Porter, it's not Whistles, it is indeed M&S. 









The jacket is amazing - really really amazing.  It's the same shape as a Massimo Dutti one I have from a couple of years ago (mine's cream) and it works on so many different levels.  Great over a little dress, amazing over jeans, be them skinny, kick flare or boyfriend (double denim is so 70s it's practically The Law to indulge) or any other sort of trousers (or shorts) that take your fancy. 

Open Front Quilted Jacket £55 pre discount - all prices are pre discount.  I always size up in M&S jackets as I think they are quite snugly cut BUT I do have swimmer's shoulders...



Jackets wise, there are loads of amazing ones to choose from.  And for me, these are the perfect buy for this time of year.  Yes, we still need to wear a coat most days but you must all, like me, be SICK of your winter ones.  They're just so heavy and a reminder of those cold, dank months.  Even if it is chilly, I'd rather layer up, throw on a big scarf and wear something lighter.  At least on those odd days (like yesterday and the day before) when it is slightly more Springlike, you can throw something different on.  Plus, like I always say, anything that makes those old winter clothes look like a new outfit, does make the hugest of differences.  I've got some more ideas coming up in the next couple of days for wardrobe enhancers but in the meantime, these will work a treat. 

This is perhaps slightly too summer for right right now but M&S are turning into Zara with their gazillion different collections a year.  Which means that if you don't buy it when you see it, it will sell out and not be replaced.  As irritating as this is, it does mean that the risk of someone else having the same item as you is greatly reduced.  The dress I bought there recently - DVF a-like is a prime example.  This only came into store a matter of weeks ago and was already in the sale and is now gone.  If you like it, you must buy it - is the new M&S mantra we should all be reciting. 

Pure Cotton Floral Bomber Jacket from Indigo Collection £59 (this is not, I repeat NOT a bomber jacket.  There isn't a hint of elastic round the bottom of it.  Pah.  It is, however a very lovely little jacket which is the same shape as above.)






Untitled



This isn't your classic trench coated material so it's eminently wearable for all weathers (ok so admittedly it's not going to the hugest amount of use if it's pouring with rain - oh the irony) - it's more of a duster coat fabric.  A twist on a classic.  Really really gorgeous and yet again, looks much better in the flesh than it does on the pic. 

Collared Neck Belted Mac from Limited Edition £79 pre discount 




Untitled

Staying in Spring jacket mode and whilst we're on the subject of duster coats, as I've mentioned once or a million times, I adore this shape.  It also happens to be the sort of coat I get asked most about.  This reminds me of my checked one from Hobbs that most people love.  Although mine is collarless and this one does have a lapel. (so not really that similar at all.... I'm thinking colours...)  Which some people would prefer.  A great stripe - grey/blue combo, perfect for now and into the warmer months. 

Striped Duster Coat from Autograph £99






Untitled

Alternatively there's this one which is collarless - definitely my favourite sort of neckline.

Crew neck Ikat Jacket £79  And credit where credit is due - I LOVE the styling of this whole outfit.  Stunning.





Untitled


This one they did have in store, but I didn't see it yesterday.  However, I can confirm it is amazing.  This is a pic of mine from a couple of weeks ago when I was doing my "all things fab in M&S" trip.

Buttonsafe Italian Fabric Textured Coat £89






Untitled

Don't forget the jeans that I've had in the last couple of weeks.  Although the kick flare ones with the deliciously Farrah style front pockets, alas are in very short supply online (under the Limited Edition jeans).  I got mine in store where they did have a couple left.  I hope you managed to snag them if you wanted them, as who knows whether or not they'll restock them.

Before I go, just wanted to remind you to check out the Beauty section as they now stock Emma Hardie and with 20% off, this is an amazing bargain.  Buy quickly before they sell out.  Lots of different set options online.


I am off to get ready for a girl's night in tonight.  The fridge is stocked with bubbles, I've got to bomb to the supermarket to stack up on nibbles.  The 10yr old is at a sleepover and the two small boys are very excited at being allowed to sleep in mummy's bed with a movie.  

This half term lark's not going too badly so far.  

Yesterday, my boys went to football camp and I had a lovely day shopping with the 10yr old.  Stocking up on summer clothes for her (I will NOT make the same mistake I do every year and wait for warmer weather to buy her clothes.  As, come May, there is squat all left, so we did a little haul yesterday which she is over the moon with)


Untitled

Black and white vest - Edun
Black oversized jumper - Reiss
Black pleather leggings - Topshop
Black quilted bag - Zara
Black buckle boots - Toga Pulla 

Hope everyone has their head above water this holiday.  Tomorrow I'll be back with a small purchase (or two...) to report. 


Share this:

CONVERSATION

18 comentarios:

  1. You look utterly amazing in that last shot with the pleather leggings. It's also fab to see some blue sky!

    Rachel McT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! (the blue sky didn't last v long, did it...?!)

      Delete
  2. Those Toga Pullas are superb with the pleather leggings. Heart heart heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really come into their own, for sure x

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, you've reminded me I've got some of those leggings in the wardrobe - look fab with the outfit. Also, rather impressed by the M&S styling this season - they seem to have tried a bit harder than last season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so so old - and mine have all come apart in the nether regions. Which is why I must wear a long long top with them!

      It's their Indigo range which they've gone to town with - amazing x

      Delete
  4. What a difference to the M&S styling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it?! Alas , the rest is exactly the same though. Pah. x

      Delete
  5. On Sunday I had an M&S moment and bought a prom dress, still has labels, should I take it back and buy it again or is that bad bad bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely take back and buy again.

      Delete
    2. Thanks I did! Worth the hassle!

      Delete
    3. Excellent. I would have done exactly the same!

      Delete
  6. Is the entire beauty range in the 20% off this weekend?
    i.e Nuxe? Just bought some direct, oh noooooo !!!

    Lu xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing so many of your wonderful outfits with the Toga Pullas, you eventually made me cave in. (Yes, I blame you completely. Not my fault at all. I relinquish all responsibility for my actions.)

    Despite me not being a leggy Amazonian goddess type like yourself (I'm more the stumpy tiny pixie type), I absolutely love them. Wish I'd bought them sooner, in fact.

    If any fellow little people are wondering whether they'll be able to pull them off with their little legs, be assured that the answer is a surprising yes! They look great with skinnies (although legs not long enough to do the ankle gap thing), as well as dresses/skirts with either opaques or bare legs.

    One point to note is that they are narrow, so I sized up in order to wear socks with them (comfort is my friend now I'm in my 40s).

    Thank you, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh excellent, I'm so so pleased you love them. They're amazing aren't they?!

      Delete
  8. Hi Kat, you spotted jems alright, yet again! Just bought the jacket! (20% off on the european website too)

    ReplyDelete