Make mine a big one

And for once, I'm not talking about gin.

Bikers.  Except I have a funny feeling that if it's oversized it's not a biker, it's an aviator.  Or does an aviator just have a fur collar?  Fur lined?  Who cares.  These are the jackets that I am currently obsessed with. 

And I'm also going to fess up now that I may shortly be hoovering a massive portion of humble pie.  As I have always proclaimed wearing one's coat over one's shoulders as massively impractical and, dare I say it, non sensical.  Well.  *backtracks like Michael Jackson moonwalking".  I can see how this would work.  

Big chunky winter knits - which I adore, but what do you wear over the top.  An oversized biker of course.  Duh.  What else?  Extend the versatility of those jumpers you previously could only wear on certain days as you had nothing to layer over the top and justify the purchase of a new big aviator as it also serves as a cape style coat (I totally just made that last description up).   I will also be wearing it with my arms in the arm holes.  Just in case anyone was worried.

So everyone else may have been sporting this look months ago.  Never let it be said I'm one to jump on a fashion bandwagon.  Why would I do that when I can jump on it when everyone else has jumped off? 

I'm going in.  We all know once I get the nugget of an idea in my mind, it's very hard to reign me back to reality.

The seed was sown with my growing obsession with the Me+Em one but the idea grew legs yesterday on my rather fabulous day out at Bicester Village with the British Wool Collective.  There were leather jackets in abundance (there was lots of wool as well, I should probably point out) but I decided to abstain (a sentence I rarely get to say) as I have my heart set on a looser, bigger version. 

Now it seems that the majority of these are shearling and Topshop is as good a place to start as any. 

The real deal.  For a real price. 

Real Shearling Biker Jacket £595


Half real.  At less than half the price.

Suede Aviator with faux shearling from ASOS £180



This shade is completely sublime.  But in real suede?  I would have to spray within an inch of its life. 

ASOS Suede Aviator Jacket in Mink £180  Oh lord the more I look at this, the more I melt...


And then there is the faux option.  Were I to buy one in this shade, it would most definitely be faux. 

Faux Shearling Biker Jacket from Topshop £79.00  I'm assuming this is a very warm jacket as her legs must be freezing.


This would be a much more wearable colour I would think.

Faux Shearling BIker Jacket £79.00


Having said that, feeling all the love for the grey version from Story of Lola at ASOS. 

Story of Lola Aviator Jacket in Faux Shearling £115  This is all sorts of divine.  The whole outfit is Autumn inspiration right there. 


Another faux version from Story of Lola in black and white. Ok so how many of these would be too many?

Story of Lola Longline Aviator in Faux Shearling £130



Then there are the faux leather shearlings, with Warehouse topping the pops.

Oversized Faux Fur Biker Jacket from Warehouse £85



And in what they call a khaki but it's definitely a brown khaki by the looks of things again £85


Then we have the leather versions, naked of fur.  

Milk It Vintage Oversized Leather Biker Jacket £195


Oversized leather biker at Mango £149.99


Of course there are also some pretty darn good faux leather options around.  Err ok, there's one.  But's super reasonable and in an epic colour.  Seriously this is the bargain of the day.

Urbancode Oversized PU Jacket was £150 now £65


However, I still don't think any of them come close to the Me+Em jacket of dreams.   I think it's because I do want to drape mine cape style (I'm getting into this) so I don't need any padding.  I fear I may look less Vogue Street Style and more Captain Underpants.

Boyfriend leather jacket from Me+Em £699 (and don't forget your 20% off with ORDER20)


Or there's a navy version... 


And today - in an outfit that is crying out for an oversized biker/aviator - although perhaps a suede or shearling version with the coated leggings.  Otherwise the potential to tip over into Hell's Angel territory is great.


Black layering longline tee - Baukjen
Tiger jumper - H&M
Coated jeans - New Look 
Susanna boots - Chloe
Half Moon bag - APC 

Finishing with one from yesterday - as I mentioned, a truly truly great day at Bicester thanks to the British Wool Collective and Bicester Village.  I will be reporting back with my spoils (although I only bought one thing but"my spoil" doesn't really work, does it?!)


Berry leopard 70s dress - Lily & Lionel
Berry leather bomber - Gerard Darel
Superstar sneakers - Golden Goose
Half Moon Bag - APC

Friday night, all the rock and roll.  The husband has gone out for a "quick drink" (that's the same as my version of a "quick shop"), I have a super sore throat (which I fear may be from yelling at a child this morning - it was mine - not that makes it any better) and so am ensconced on the sofa with a medicinal glass of red (ok so it's not *that* sore) and The Apprentice. 

Talk me through you leather jacket scenario  Can I tempt you an oversized number?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

24 comentarios:

  1. The mink and the Lola are beyond divine but I fear on my short bod it just wouldn't work, I'll stick with the cropped biker jacket..... LOVE the H and M jumper but can't find it online - do you have a link or is it just a case of rooting around in shop? Was in new Brighton one today and underwhelmed - lots of creased looking garms around....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the link in the descriptions and it should take it you to the jumper? xxx

      Delete
    2. Thanks, just ordered the small as you say it comes up large!

      Delete
  2. I ordered that H&M jumper before I left for my holidays - was thinking I might need to return it as my holidays have been in London and more shopping was accomplished than I imagined :D now seriously hoping it doesn't fit as I really want to keep it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it does come up huge so if you ordered a bigger size and are on the smaller side, it's going to drown you.. does that help?!

      Delete
  3. Me+EM one seems to be sold out/not available, according to an email I received earlier...Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOOOOOO really? OMG nooooooooooo!

      Delete
    2. Hmm you do seem to be able to still order it (with the 20% off) in most sizes... although yes it is sold out in some. (although I didn't actually check out..!)

      Delete
  4. I am totally in love with the black and white look ..... Also your tiger jumper and coated leggings .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say for a £40 outfit (not including the layering tee or accessories) I don't think it's too bad! Like it rather a lot actually!

      Delete
  5. Love this look. I plan on wearing chunky roll necks and oversized moto (picked up at tj max) all winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just confirming my NEED for one!

      Delete
  6. Tries to repeat to self *I don't need another leather jacket* but both those Story of Lola ones look gorgeous, and are styled so well. I love both greys and monochrome. Yes, I thought an aviator had a furry collar, but am prepared to be corrected.

    Love the tiger jumper, I've seen that featured somewhere else but can't remember where.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that repeating thing. It hasn't worked for me...!!

      Delete
    2. I'm trying to repeat it to myself as well! I think an aviator, rather than a bikers, as my beloved navy leather jacket is without a cosy lining. I'd probably go slightly less oversized, so it's me wearing the jacket rather than the other way around. My cosy jumpers aren't too bulky, so not too much of a problem under a more fitted jacket.
      Must admit that as far as trends go, I'm never the first to jump on the bandwagon, I try to convince myself that it's because I want to see how lasting a trend will be, maybe it's simply because I'm just slow on the uptake!

      Delete
  7. What is going on with the asos model and those glasses? It is bringing back horrific memories of glasses I was forced to wear aged 12 in 1989. Dreadful parents, I still hold it against them! Surely asos cannot think that look is a good idea.... I always think topshop still rule for high street faux leather and shearling bargains x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it wrong to say I quite like them... although I did assume they were super pale sunnies as opposed to proper glasses..! Not sure about proper proper glasses...

      Delete
  8. I managed to get the tall Topshop faux shearling biker jacket before it sold out as the regular one was too short on the arms and body for me. I've not worn it yet as it's not been cold enough and it's so warm with the lining but I love wearing it to look at in the house! Although it'll probably get covered in baby sick/sticky hands within 2 mins of it's first outing!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you just need to wear these things! It sounds gorgeous!

      Delete
  9. Very timely post. Spent the last couple of evenings trying to squeeze big knits into slender sleeved coats. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's sublime, isn't it?! And thank you - am over the moon with them xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh I love the Topshop real shearling but their faux in black looks amazing and only £79! I wonder how they compare in the flesh so to speak ... can I justify £600?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say I didn't find the TS one that oversized today... but I am MASSIVE! (the faux one that is...)

    ReplyDelete