Heaven is finding a hole in your wardrobe

Well the good thing about doing this blog is that it has actually encouraged me to scour the dregs of my wardrobe for things that I haven't worn in an age.  I'm sure there is a statistic that says something along the lines of us wearing only 20% of our wardrobe, 80% of the time  (or am I getting confused with the 80/20 eating rule - 80% of the time watch what you eat, the other 20% of the time, go for gold on whatever takes your fancy.  Which is never a banana or an apple) 

Even if I have just made that up, I do think there is some truth in that we tend to wear only a small selection of our wardrobe on a daily basis.  I'm certainly guilty of it.  My reasons tend to be that I keep stuff for nights out (ie "best"), I shy away from anything that has to be dry cleaned (I'm hugely lazy - my washing bin is full of stuff that needs to be taken to the cleaners) and I simply go off certain things (or I get tired of wearing the stuff that it goes with)

So today I thought I'm make a concerted effort to wear something I hadn't worn in a while. Not a hugely exciting day but certainly a pleasant one.  Pilates (a lying down form of exercise - what's not to love?), followed by coffee (if you haven't gathered by now there is a lot of coffee happening in my life.  If only one could make money out of it, I would be rolling in the green stuff.  Alas I seem to just spend it)  and a general day of chores and the whirlwind that is being Mrs Taxi to the Rugrats after school.

Black and off white striped cashmere longline jumper (not a dress as it's completely see through) - Joseph (total bargain from Bicester last year.  Unfortunately I think Joseph has shut there which is pants)
Indigo Baxter jeans - Topshop
Black and grey leopard print scarf - Zara (this is something I unearthed from the depths of my wardrobe) 
Black double breasted jersey blazer - James Perse (Second set of dregs - this is such a lovely fit and so comfortable, don't know why I don't wear it more.  Think it's the double breastedness of it.  I just prefer single breasted)
Black Madonna ankle boots - Ash
Fuchsia Roxanne Tote - Mulberry 

Now there is actually another fantastic reason to get diving into your wardrobe and see what you don't wear.  I discovered a couple of dresses that I don't wear in the winter when I easily could (and move away from The Uniform) but don't have any boots/shoes to go with them.  Can you imagine my distress and despair at realising that to make the most of my wardrobe - ok so in reality merely wear a couple of dresses out of season but allowing a bit of poetic license - I was going to have to go and find some new boots.  Gutted.

Inspired also by My Lust of The Day yesterday (which has only gone and disappeared off the website) and picturing all the different avenues I would now be able to go down following my new love affair with dresses, I set off to find some perfect boots (this may or may not have been what I mean by "chores" earlier....)

Here's where I admit to being on the insane side.  The boots that I found were ones that I might have bought and returned twice before.  There is method in my madness however, fret not.   I originally bought them at the beginning of last season - £260 from Carvela.  Which, frankly, was a hideous amount for a pair of boots from errrr Carvela.  However they fitted perfectly, were the right heel height and I was going out for a big day/night in London and every other pair of shoes/boots I had were too high (gotta love the justification) 

However after two wears, the covering of the heel started to come off.  Not for £260 it doesn't. Took them back.  They assured me it was a one off. I ordered another pair.  Ditto after two wears.  Back you go, expensive yet slightly crap boot.

However they are now down to £79.  And with the discount voucher KGWELCOME10 to use online, a further £20 off. (works on all purchases over £50 if anyone needs anything from Kurt Geiger online)  

They also will be perfect for a day out I have on Friday.  A once in a blue moon, shopping, lunch, drinks and then more drinks, full day pass out with grown up people in the London Town.   I am of course the only moron on the planet who actually buys new boots to wear for a shopping trip.  Just something else to add to the list of insanities that can be chalked up against my mugshot.  I am therefore clearly on a shopping ban on Friday and shall be shopping vicariously through my friends.  You heard that here first. 

Now for the boots.   Admittedly they look a bit dull in this photo. Hmmm, I do recall them looking a lot better on.   They're arriving tomorrow so we shall see.  The other slight fly in the ointment is that I had bought them (twice) in a 39 but they only had a 40 left (what was that I was saying about insanities?  Eejit.  But an eejit with a credit card.  Deadly).  Will report back tomorrow.

Kurt Geiger Carvela Warner Boots

Share this:


0 comentarios:

Post a Comment