The Christmas Collection

You may or may not be aware that recently I had a couple of lovely trips away, working with hush homewear (who you will all know I am a massive fan of). 


You may also not be aware that hush put on amazing events during the year, two of which they had recently - one which was a "retreat", so an overnight stay at the most amazing hotel - The Slaughters Manor House and the other was a lunch at the Bath Priory. 

So come on.. fess up.. did you know hush did these?  Because I didn't know about some of them and I could have (and would have!) easily filled the retreat with friends of mine.  Amazing value so the ideal excuse for a completely luxurious night away.  If you'd like, I will point future ones out, if you're interested (once I've booked my place!).

I was invited along to the two recent ones to talk through the Christmas collections. 

I divided the talk into three (vague) sections. Outfits for the party season, outfits for Christmas lounging and perfect presents.

I may have mentioned once or a million times that I love party outfits that aren't purely party outfits. In other words, things you can wear again and again in different guises. 

Starting with some dresses which are perfect for dressing up with heels and some extra jewellery but are ideal for during the day with flats - either ankle boots, loafers, brogues or trainers.  Wear to work or layer up for casual days off with a thin polo underneath and a biker over the top.

The Felix is a perfect contender for this sort of dress.  In a boiled wool feeling fabric, the forest green is just that little bit more unusual than a classic black, but the shape is perfect for all occasions.



Staying away from black but this time with a flattering v neck and nipped in waist - the Eva in burgundy would be so useful for a variety of occasions as well as taking you into the Spring.  Perfect with bare legs and sandals once the weather warms up (seems like a lifetime away, no?)




But personally I am a total sucker for black and this one works on so many levels.  I would happily layer a white shirt under this as well for a smarter look.   A number of lovely ladies of all differing shapes and sizes tried this on at the events and it looked amazing on all of them. Tis genuinely the ultimate in chameleon dresses - it just works with whatever you put with it.



Ditto all of the above with the black lace up dress.

Lace up Dress £65 


And here is the polo neck l/s £55


Then my other favourite option for going out out or staying in in is the jumpsuit.  In black again and this year, they've done a faux wrap version - a style of top that I know is hugely popular for the more well endowed amongst us.   I'm going to throw it in now that you just have to get over the loo aspect.  There's no way to sugar coat it, it's not the easiest thing to take a trip to the ladies wearing.  My advice would be, hold it in as long as you can and don't break the seal.  As we used to say at uni.  FPF (first piss fatal).  I learnt something useful from my time there. 

Once you've mentally got over that hurdle, a jumpsuit is an easy win.  It's the perfect outfit for those occasions when you're not entirely sure what to wear.  And we all have those at this time if year.  Drinks at the neighbours, work do that isn't a party party, night out with school mums that you don't know very well and have no idea if people are going to turn up in an inch of sequinned lycra or jeans and a Christmas jumper with a glowing Rudolph on the front. 

This will save your outfit bacon on so many occasions now and into the Spring, I promise you (just remember.. FPF).






Other options were of course separates.  

Knowing how much people love the wrap style top, the wrap shirt is a no brainer of a recommendation. 

If you haven't got a black shirt in your wardrobe, then make an immediate purchase as this, with pretty much any pair of bottoms - like the jumpsuit - can work for any dress code. 


Here for example you can turn it into a dress, but the longer back of the shirt means you haven't got your behind on show which is a plus for many people (mine isn't big but it's reached landslide mode.  So it's not actually a bum anymore, it's sort of half bum and half of it has slid down to reside, boulder like on the back of my thighs.  No one needs to see that unless there is severe encasing of it.  In leather for example.)



Another top which I'm going to surprise you with is a sequin top.  Every home should have one.   Sequins are not just for a party, they can be worn at any time.  Get your festive gig on and wear to the carol concert with black jeans.  Wide leg trousers or a more tailored fit work.  Or easily dress up with a pencil skirt.  For me - over leather leggings is ideal for a night out. 


This also comes in a burgundy colour. 

Christmas day - I love to be smart but comfy so for me, it has to be the Amie jogger with the sequin top.  This is basically a tracksuit in luxe fabrics.  Genius no?  Both items you can wear for a myriad of occasions but together, you're basically slobbing in sequins.  Which is really the ultimate goal on Christmas Day no?  Up there with champagne and Quality Street (you can keep your Hotel Chocolat on the 25th Dec. It's the orange and strawberry QS creams all the way).

Amie joggers £49.50 in black




The other must have trousers which I pointed out at both events are the skinny jeans in black.  The black black, when on, look like a pair of skinny trousers as opposed to jeans and are perfect with heels and the wrap shirt or sequin top (in the black or burgundy) for instant party outfit, without buying something specially for the occasion that you'll never wear again.  Throw the jeans on with a cashmere jumper and hey presto - instant Boxing Day outfit.  Tee in the summer and a blazer - these jeans really will take you through the entire year. 



The other bottoms that offer up so many different outfit opportunities are, of course, the good old leather leggings.  I was forcing people (not quite Guantanamo Bay style) to try these on at the events.  And everyone - literally everyone - was gobsmacked at how flattering they are.  You do have to try them to believe it. 

In stock they have the grey and the burgundy left - both of which are exceptionally versatile. Wear with black, with navy, with grey, with camel - just think of them as neutrals.





Speaking of leather leggings, these are my perfect segue into my Boxing Day outfit.  The above, with the ultimate Christmas lounging must have - Cashmere.  It also fits very neatly into the gift section - what better thing to find wrapped up under the tree than a cashmere jumper?

The ultimate for me is obviously a roll neck as I am a fully paid up member of the "there's frost, it's roll neck season" club.






But for me - it's the jumper dresses that I love.  Now, being 5ft10 they're not dresses on me.  That would result in all sorts of pants on show but for over my leather leggings, this has become my favourite dress down outfit of the season.  I have got the grey and the black and love both equally.  

Cashmere Roll Neck Dress £220  This is it over the grey leggings.  Be still my beating Boxing Day heart.





Cashmere doesn't have to be in jumper form though and I've put together a gift set for hush with my favourite cashmere accessories in.  There is nothing more useful at this time of year than a hat and wristwarmers - the latter are ideal for busy ladies who are in and out of the car, fumbling with keys, kids or oyster cards.  Fingers at the ready. 

Plus I've put in my two favourite luxury items - the fur scarf (oh PLEASE Santa get me one of these) and a hush candle.  I am a complete candle addict and there is always a hush one somewhere in my house (not lit at all time - I'm not that extravagant).

Does my bum look 40 Gift Set should be £145.95 but on offer at £130




And speaking of cashmere, if you buy any cashmere jumper today - Day 11 of their Christmas Countdown - you get a free pair of cashmere wrist warmers.  Now if that isn't the best excuse I've heard to treat yourself, I don't know what is.  Or at the very least, point the husband in the right direction....

So if you like, I will let you know of the upcoming up hush events as they are genuinely such great fun and in the most gorgeous of locations.

In the meantime, Christmas is well and truly upon us and I had our large Christmas party last night - and went for the white.  With a hush jacket.  (obviously as I'm surgically attached to it). 



White dress - Self Portrat
Onyx leather jacket - hush
Black Carmen velvet boots - Penelope Chilvers
Patent leopard bag - Tory Burch

I am now off to a five hour rugby tournament but there is a fire, a movie and a large dinner waiting for me on my return.  Bliss.  Hope everyone is making the most of the festive month. (I'm ignoring the massive pile of presents that I have smugly ordered but unsmugly now have to wrap.....)







Share this:

CONVERSATION

28 comentarios:

  1. Love that white dress on you! I do like a bit of winter white
    I spotted the Hush article earlier - good for you!
    That jumpsuit would be great in navy and petite sizing! I've been looking for one for a while now, that is okay with boobage (so wrap effect or v-neck) and not too long in the leg. I've stayed away from regular length, as I'm fairly short waisted.
    As for my Christmas outfits, I've got a party next weekend which is crying out for lace trousers and silk blouse (the trousers are a jacard weave and dead comfy). Then Christmas eve is the big day in Denmark, and being evening it's okay to glam it up a bit. So maybe lace and velvet, nothing too warm, as it's easy to overheat when we're 10 people (and a dog).
    Then I've got friends coming over Christmas day, it'll be turkey and all the trimmings so something super comfy. Then of course there's NYE, we'll get together just before 6pm (to watch the Danish Queens speech), so that outfit needs to be good for 7 plus hours! With something warm to throw on at midnight for the fireworks. I'm thinking navy tux trousers and chiffon blouse with rose gold jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem isn't it - winter weather but over heating inside!! and HELL I haven't even thought about New Year!! Your arrangements all sound fabulous. Have a lovely lovely festive season (you are so much more prepared than I am!)

      Delete
  2. Love Hush but just the worst customer service EVER :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gone back to them and asked them to come and respond to the issues! So I'll report back when I've heard from them xxx

      Delete
  3. Hush left my parcel in my wheely bin but told me it was with a neighbour. So I hiked round all my neighbours asking before I happened to look in the bin (this was summer, it did not smell delightful) and found it there. I am aware this is their delivery company rather than their fault but the email exchange I had with them when I was trying to find it was awful. Such poor training on their part. After I wrote a letter explaining this was Not On, I got a £15 voucher off my next spend. I've yet to spend it because I am still so annoyed with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear about your problems - I'll report back when I've heard from them. xxx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous stuff & I know you clearly wear a lot of it despite being tall. However everything I have ever bought (then sadly returned) has been too short for me (5'11''). Please please beg them to make some things in tall (particularly dresses/jumpsuits/tops. I would buy them all in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree that their short dresses can be too short but I don't have a problem with their jumpsuits... Or tops actually.... Midi dresses are fine but yes, I can't wear their short dresses and I've only found one skirt that works for me as the others are too short too. I know we have spoken about different lengths as I think people also ask for petite as well. I'll asks them again but I think the problem is they're not large enough to accommodate different needs at this time. But I'll definitely ask them again!

      Delete
  5. I love Hush but everything is so short! Like the person above, every single thing has gone back. I'm 6 foot and would be so interested in a Hush tall range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you don't mind reading the above comments... as a tallie, I'm on the case....!! (but do try the harems - they're the one trousers that are perfect on me - especially the cropped versions in the Summer!)

      Delete
  6. I am sorry to jump on the 'terrible customer service' train but they really need to sort out their dealings with their customers. If you are let down by a delivery company it is not technically Hush's fault but they have to realise customers consider their dealings to be with the company not the courier. I have, reluctantly, stopped ordering from them because I was let down so badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No that's absolutely fine! I'll report back when I've heard from them! One of the problems with couriers is that it often isn't the courier company that's the problem but the individual courier who works for that company. I know lots of people really struggle with Hermes and Yodel but our local ladies that deliver (and it's ladies who do it!) are absolutely fabulous and really use their common sense when delivering. I will report back though x

      Delete
  7. I must admit I do try to find out which delivery company is used before I order. DHL and GLS are good, DPD is okay, and UPS is only used if I can't live without Something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our UPS man is fantastic but it's definitely Rob from DHL who is my fave! Don't know who GLS is... DPD are also good here too.

      Delete
  8. Love Hush!! Wore their forest green Felix dress with tights and ankle boots today for work and felt stylish and comfy even though i was running around like mad (one of those days...) And I've been living in their leather leggings! Have it in black and considering their burgundy one (but hoping for a discount code to soften the blow...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The burgundy ones are beyond fabulous and take a grey sweater to another level. Just saying.....!!

      Delete
  9. Hush customer service is truly awful. Totally puts me off them. Ordered my sister's Christmas present last year on 3rd December. Was told it was despatched. Arrived 31st December. Staff were truly shocking when I complained. I have a trail of e-mails to Hush that make Ryanair customer service look gold star by comparison. Not sure who looks after their customer service but they need retraining. Sorry but all this Hush is wonderful put out by bloggers is not the real picture when it comes to paying customers! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience but I do know that lots and lots of customers do have fantastic experiences with customer services. But I'm sure they'd agree that everyone should have an excellent experience so I've passed this over to them and will let you know what they say x

      Delete
    2. I really did not mean like I was sounding off to you. I love the blog. Actually was very happy with Hush once the items arrived (and were ironed, a completely separate issue). It was their inflexibility that annoyed me. Parcel was sent to incorrect address and they would not resend by express or courier to reach me before Christmas despite telling them it was a Christmas gift for my sister. Instead they sent by normal postal service knowing it wouldn't reach me on time. No amount of pleading with their customer service worked. I had forgotten about it to be honest but was just reminded by your readers. I was then left with two parcels, one of which I had to send back at my own expense and on my own time (a £10 voucher was credited to my account for the 'inconvenience'). All I wanted was for them to resend by express mail or courier once they realised it had gone to the wrong address but was met with "we don't do that". I mistakenly said items were ordered on 3rd December, it was actually 13th December but was given 5 day delivery when ordered. It just made me realise it's not just me they have annoyed when I read your blog. Never mind water under the bridge and I have a very patient and understanding sister thankfully!! It's a reminder though to choose a compay with understanding customer service if you are sending Christmas gifts. Elizabeth

      Delete
  10. I went to the Hush event at Middleton Lodge in North Yorks in October. The venue was stunning, just gorgeous, and food delicious. It was enjoyable. However, had hoped for a bit more from it - a talk etc and the much vaunted goody bag was rubbish, two absolutely tiny beauty samples and some vouchers for 20% off treatments at the venue (which no one would use as very few lived nearby). Nothing at all from Hush other than an advertised voucher that was obviously factored in to the price, it was very half hearted considering people attending were likely to be regular customers. Admittedly the staff from Hush who were there were lovely but there was lots of talk about contacting everyone who attended and recognising them as loyal customers which didn't materialise. I have the sense more effort went in to the Cotswold and Bath events from Hush.

    I'm afraid that as a very regular customer I'm starting to feel that Hush are more interested in bloggers than paying customers too. It's getting over the top now. It's not a criticism of you Kat, I enjoy your blog and also understand that it is a business too. I will also say that I have never had a problem with Hush customer service personally have always found it great but clearly others have had problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh that doesn't sound like the events I worked at at all. Although you would have had to have listen to me wax lyrical for probably way too long. Plus there were definitely benefits with regards to being opportunities to buy OOS things on a waiting list etc etc. Really sorry to hear about your experiences. xx

      Delete
    2. Please don't get me wrong, still enjoyed myself but had thought it might involve a little bit more! And no there wasn't any opportunity to order or buy, which lots of people said struck them as a missed opportunity for Hush as in friends drinking wine together would probably have spent a lot of money ordering! Please don't apologise, it was hardly a bad experience at all! M

      Delete
  11. Hope you got lots of free stuff for all this promotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did say that I was working at the events and this was just me reporting back on what I spoke about. So no, I didn't get "lots of free stuff"!

      Delete
  12. I normally wouldn't jump in as it's not my conversation but responding on the above poster's comment, I just want to say that personally I really really appreciate it when you cover these events and I've found your comments super helpful and genuine!! You are one of the few bloggers I know who promote brands you truly love (having followed you for a few years now, I see you wearing them all the time!) and I would never have known of Hush or Me+Em etc if it weren't for you (especially as I live on another continent). So Kat, thank you for all that you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that any bettor needs to see this,

    Watch this now or stop betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Robotic Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete
  14. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone every day.

    Follow our trades today & earn up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete