It's the same at the end of every Summer...

...and to be fair, at the beginning of every Spring. 

Light coloured boots.  It may not have escaped your notice that I am an ankle boot fiend.  Ankle boots and trainers - heels for the evening - and my footwear wardrobe would be complete.  I do love a shoe and a sandal as I am a shoeaholic but nothing compared to my utter obsession with boots and trainers. 

And every Spring and Autumn I get a hankering for a lighter coloured pair.  Beige, nude, blush, all would be gorgeous.  I then start heading off pisted in my giddiness and then start thinking about white.. I know, I know but honestly stranger things have happened.

Yet again, I have a pale boot itch I need to scratch.  Especially as it looks like the heat wave we were promised has, yet again, failed to turn up.  Even this morning, watching the news:- "It will be 24, possibly 25 degrees".  Err no it won't.  It will scrape 20.  Has Summer truly done a runner?  

If it has, that is bad news.  And we need cheering up.  Ta Dah... may I present the perfect boot to get you through to full on Autumn.  Even then, on those dry, crisp Winter days, these would be ideal.  I'm only saying that as most of these are suede which aren't "entirely" rain friendly.  Although I do find with a good spray of suede protector, these become much more robust than one would think.

Starting with a style that I have worn for years, albeit mine are navy leather.  THE most comfortable boots ever.  Do not be deceived by the heel height, you can genuinely walk miles in these. 

Newbury Suede Ankle Boots from Rag & Bone were £375 now £185.50



Classic Newbury Perforated Leather Boots from Rag & Bone were £375 now £187.50


In the sale at Mint Velvet - Honey Elsie Tie Tassel Boots were £139 now £99




Or the new season taupe at Mint Velvet - Elsie suede boots £139





Western style at Topshop. 


Montana Western Boots £55



Loeffler Randal Tasseled Suede Ankle Boots were £360 now £162



Slightly darker but I LOVE these.  

Ascot Studded Suede Boots from Topshop £72



Pointed kitten heels from Topshop.

Monica heels £69 Love the colour - trying to work out if I LOVE or loathe the patent...




Flat now in beige suede at & Other Stories £125



Or a sand pair again at & Other Stories £110



Kash Leather Sock Boots from Topshop £49





Leather, flat and studded. 

Amelia Studded Ankle Boots from Topshop £85



Grey shades now.. 

Marlow Ankle Boots at Boden in Pewter £120



At Mint Velvet.

Elsie Grey Tie Tassel Boot £139




Grey kitten heel at Mint Velvet. 

Kiera Smoke Strap Kitten Heel £139




Higher grey at M&S.  Am definitely feeling the fringe this season in footwear.

Leather Stiletto Tassel Pointed Ankle Boots £69



Seeing as I have none of these, I thought I'd crack out the loafers yesterday as they're burning hole in my wardrobe.  Would I have preferred to wear boots?  Err, yes.  


Untitled

Faux leather wide leg crops - Topshop
Blazer - Zara
Sante tee - FWP-by
Nightingale Sunglasses - Walter & Herbert 
Happy Satchel in leopard - Hill & Friends
Red loafers - Gucci

That was yesterday for an amazing day with the 12yr old in London.  Went to see Les Miserables which she has been dying to see for ages.  She absolutely adores it.  I saw it when I was about her age and clearly she's far more cerebral than I was as I wanted to claw my own eyes out with boredom.  And I've never had any inclination to see it since.  

But oh my lord - I LOVED IT.  So much so that this morning, we watched the film which again, I've never had any desire to see.   And yes, again, absolutely ate it up.   Even though, what on earth were they thinking with Russell Crowe?   Blown away by the rest of the cast but he was just very dodge, no?

Anyone else limping their way through the rest of the holidays?  Am torn between willing them to back to school and lamenting the fact that I'll miss them.  Which is random but I love the chilled evenings and laid back mornings - it's just the antsy hours in the middle where you either spend a fortune entertaining them or leave them to their own devices which, for mine, involves plugging themselves in to something.  I have gone so wrong somewhere as a parent!  God forbid I should suggest something "free" like going for a walk... Oh.  My.  The. Moaning.  I have told them we ARE going for a walk in the morning - obviously I have to bribe them with cake at the local National Trust House cafe but..well.. needs must!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

31 comentarios:

  1. Love all of these. And where, where where is summer?!

    Very smugly I managed to blag a pair of Rag and Bone classic black leather boots for the amazing price of £198! I hold you entirely to blame since I already have the same navy pair as yours, bought after you showed yours on here! And they truly are the most comfortable heeled boots ever. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I swear people don't believe me when I say you can walk for MILES in them and they don't feel like heels...!!!

      Delete
    2. Hi were did you get the black ones from for £198 thanks Janet

      Delete
  2. Yes, yes, yes!
    That'll be a yes then!
    I quite like the look of the perforated pair, I know I'd never be tempted to wear them in unsuitable weather! And the heel is the perfect height and shape for me (who doesn't wear heels very often).
    I may actually go over all practical and stick to the pair of navy loafers I've been eyeing up all week (I had spotted a pair of ox blood loafers, then I found a pair of navy ones that have made me forget all others). May have to wait until payday though, as a cheeky hush discount (amongst others) might have caused me to max out shopping wise!
    Oh, and how lucky are you, having an NT cafe nearby, hope they have the usual homemade cakes to die for. Just a tiny bit envious...maybe I'll do a bit of good old British cake baking this weekend...If I was one of your kids, I'd be eating out of your hand if a NT cake (and pot of tea or ginger beer) was the carrot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. errr I definitely don't think it's homemade cake!! It's a new jazzy cafe - they've completely redone it and it's v expensive with bad coffee..!! BUT any cake is a treat for mine!

      Delete
  3. I've just returned (like, literally - this morning) from almost 3 weeks in SW Florida. Swimming pool at my parents' house, beach in the locality (dolphin-spotting!), the most beautiful island with a small town featuring gorgeous boutiques, sandy-footed ice cream parlours and beach cafes - even made the 3-hour trek to Orlando for a hideously expensive day at Universal Studios, complete with a stop off at the mall to spend wads of cash on the kind of crap 13 year olds like to buy. We even spent two of the weeks in the company of Irish cousins, whom she adores. Did she love it? Yes. Did she moan and whinge and demand stuff ALL THE TIME? Absolutely. You are not alone - despite the best efforts I think pre-teens/teenagers are hardwired to make us marvel at their total and utter insularity. Every time she kicked off about something, we'd all remind her "First world problems". Hoping one day that actually sinks in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA HA HA!! I'm sure they'll look back and be super grateful.... (she says ambitiously..)

      Delete
  4. I bought two pairs of these last year: http://www.sorelfootwear.co.uk/womens-sorel-major-low-boot-1690371.html?dwvar_1690371_variationColor=010#start=3
    Black like those, and a "premium" pair that are beige with tiger pattern calf hair at the back. Sooooo comfortable, and genuinely wearable all year round. They're also treated, so even though they're suede they can be worn in the rain - result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the tiger ones:
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Q7SQ3AA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1503431289&sr=8-5&keywords=sorel%2Bmajor%2Blow&th=1

      Delete
  5. Love grey looks just well grey and that goes with all the lovely hush joggers and harems....Autumn bring it on...your hair with bits front and back...technical term looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not many of these left but I got some a while ago - £15 and they are amazing!http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/ants-bug-embroidery-boots-6248651?geoip=noredirect&cmpid=ppc_pla_UK_ip&utm_medium=cpc&tsrc=vdna&istCompanyId=38aa0d7f-6514-4cb3-bbdc-df0d32d48b7f&istItemId=xirlxmqrat&istBid=tztx&gclid=CjwKCAjwrO_MBRBxEiwAYJnDLI4-nztnDmJghafMFYritvlHHOgazpfXimBc-f4lrhSNrL2bKBm2uxoC0k0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh yes, I had those on another blog. Awesome boots x

      Delete
  7. I have an embarrassing confession. I have a pair of light marant dickers. Which I love so much I have never worn them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA HA HA that's fabulous. I have a pair of Ash Jalouse which I did wear once and trashed. I can't bring myself to wear them again. I was so cross with myself and went off them in an instant. We can boot feckwits together. Let's buy new ones...

      Delete
    2. Yes the mistake I made was only buying one pair. I should have bought two, one to wear and one to gaze upon.

      Delete
  8. If you're after a bargain version to try, these are reduced to £15 http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/sale-offers-4181277/andrew-buckle-ankle-boots-6139462?bi=0&ps=20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY DAYS! I love them. And have just bought a pair. And some silver leather loafers. Great recommend- thank you!!! ��

      Delete
  9. We on the other side of the world are limping to the end of term 3 and winter Looking forward to school holidays, pj days and the arrival of spring.
    Love Les Mis but agree re: Russell Crowe, what were they thinking. Took 10 year old son to see it at the theatre (with emergency game boy in case it wasn't his thing) and he loved it. Totally entranced the whole time. We play the CD in the car, great for sing alongs especially the innkeepers song!
    Love a pair of ankle boots and might be able to sort of justify a light coloured pair, some good ideas there thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow - not sure my boys would have got it at all. Taking them to Wicked tomorrow which will be MUCH more up their street!

      Delete
  10. Any idea if there's a 20 per cent code coming up for m&s? I might need some boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There MUST be one soon... as soon as I know, I'll let you know.

      Delete
  11. We're back at school up here in Scotland. I'm sad. I love the holidays and still have a few things on the to do list I make the children compile at the start of every holiday. Some of the stuff costs a lot but we've had successful trips to various beaches in the freezing cold to see seals, sledge on the dunes, paddle etc They seem to prefer that to woods and hills :D Not sure that helps you though. I have taupe (dark beige) suede ankle boots that I bought last year and now can't live without and they've survived the Scottish climate pretty well for being the only pair of suede proper footwear I own for that very reason! Really fancy a grey pair now... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main problem I have is that I work. So it's trying to fit work and meetings, which don't stop in the holidays, and try and fit it in around the kitchen. i'm lucky in that I can work flexibly but there are emails which need replying, phonecalls, etc etc etc. THAT'S the main issue!!!

      Delete
    2. err not kitchen - kids!!!

      Delete
    3. Lol :D I work from home too so I do my work in the morning and then the evening and make sure I have the afternoon free. And some whole days too admittedly. xx

      Delete
    4. Oh we do loads - I just feel guilty I guess and I should slap my self around the face as I just feel SO SO SO bad that they spend all their spare time on the CHUFFING x box/wii/electronic devices and I've been conditioned to think they're brain atrophying. As someone fabulous said on Insta though - the fact you're feeling guilty means you're not a crap mum!!

      Delete
  12. I'm in love with those Mint ones. Er which? Well all really.

    ReplyDelete