When a plan comes together

So after the debacle of the jeans shopping, I did promise you a high note and I have to say, I was ALL the winning at the black trousers yesterday.

In fact, it was black, black and more black. 

And it was all a big success (so we're ignoring the black jean debacle.  I am still none the wiser as to what to keep.  Oh and the Warehouse ones arrived that I mentioned in the blog yesterday.  I look like I've been vacuum packed into them.  And then attached by a rabid dog on the hems.  It's not a good look.  I may just officially give up).

But reporting back as promised from the pieces I had ordered to pick up from the Alexa Collection.  

Starting with the trench.  Ok so I'm not going to lie.  I had slight misgivings at perhaps looking like a Nazi flasher in this but I have to say, I love love love it.  It comes up super small though - this the 12, it's very tight on the arms and I only have a thin polo neck underneath.  But I'm not planning on wearing it over chunky knits (well, not now I'm not anyway) so that's all good.  It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but I absolutely love it. 

To address also the dissenters in the comments online - I don't think the quality is nearly as inferior as implied.  It's a funny sort of fabric, I'll give you that, but surely you can tell that from the pic?  I prefer to think of it as fabulously unusual as opposed to not very nice - I don't plan on doing the buttons up regularly (apparently it's very difficult to do them up - wouldn't know as I haven't tried and think the last time I did buttons up on my coat was when I was at primary school).  It's definitely a fashion statement piece and if you're looking for a practical, warm coat to keep you dry and cosy in the winter then I agree, this perhaps isn't for you. 

But for a night out, over a statement jumper and wide leg trousers or jeans - this rocks.

The Briggate Trench £89 






Untitled

The only other thing I took into the changing room was the velvet suit.  I had wanted to try the silver Aire shirt (I had ordered it but got it refunded straight away) as it's a much stiffer fabric than I had anticipated.  If you like a structured blouse or shirt then I would say definitely give it a go but for me, I like a much more fluid feel to my tops.

The Clarendon Tux Jacket £75





Untitled


And the trousers - again, I LOVED them.  Sizing wise, I stuck to my more usual 10 even though I am occasionally (err often..) a 12 in trews these days.   They are on the snug side but I think that's ok.. (she says hoping I don't end up flashing my arse to the bar if I bend over in the pub...).  In fact, I'm planning on wearing them to the pub this evening.

There are two other pairs of black trousers which I got and absolutely love - both are a complete departure from other things I've covered this season and are (I think) a refreshing change to what else is out there at the moment - despite me loving a cropped kick flare or cropped wide leg and so I'm going to look at the styles in more detail over the weekend.  You will be trousered out by the end of the weekend. 

I then moved on from M&S Marble Arch, up Marylebone High Street to the new Jaeger store.  Where I was asked to pick an outfit for them to photograph.  Don't actually know which I loved more.  The clothes or the completely magic photographer.  I need him to move in with me and just take my photos every day.  Tomorrow, I am looking for a new camera (like this will make a difference... I will be the archetypal "all the gear, no idea".  *weeps*) 

But in the meantime, can we have a round of applause for the back of this jumper and my hair.  Which never - and I mean never - actually looks like this in real life.  I went for the Medium which I would say is a small 12.




Donna Ida x Jaeger Tattoo Me Jumper £175  WARMUP20 gives you 20% off everything until Monday 7th November.




I also chose the Laboratory Kick Flare Trousers £110 which have just fuelled my black trouser obsession.  But surely you can never have too many?  (along with black polo necks and any form of striped top.  Oh and coats).

Laboratory Kick Flare Trousers £110  



I've got the size 10s on. 

Untitled


And then finally the black coat.  The perfect black coat I have been looking for forever.  Enough said.  This will be in my wardrobe for years and years and years.  Absolutely worth the investment, especially as it's currently got £100 in their coats offer.

Double faced wool coat was £350 now £250  I have the medium.



Untitled Untitled


And now I have to rush - I can't put a photo up today as it's SO awful compared to those simply stunning (if I say so myself rather immodestly - but I honestly don't even think it looks like me) photos as my pic from today is dire.  Nailed in the rain, inside, seriously it's embarrassingly awful, as is my hair.  I want to leave on a good note... with me swanning around Marylebone like that's my every day life... a girl can dream...  I may well have these blown up poster size.  

So it's all a bit black today.  Am I the only one who just feels that bit more together and (ok I'm on a roll) sophisticated in black?  I'll get my coat (my lovely black one... off to the pub!)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

20 comentarios:

  1. I wanted to like the black coat but tried it on this afternoon and back it went. Too tight on the arms and on me the material made a strange sucking noise..... the silver blouse also went back, like you say a stiff fabric and again tight arms (note to self must do something about my arms). My bank balance is pleased but I'm sad. Did you get anything in H&M Kenzo? I ordered hats/socks for my nephews and the red tiger stripe roll neck for me. Everything else a bit out there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really tight on the arms, isn't it?! I found this with the things from last time as well...

      AHA! And omg I forgot about my Kenzo order - it should be here today actually. I was scuppered in only being allowed to order three things.. what was that about? I guess to stop re selling on ebay which is a massive massive bug bear of mine to be fair! I also got the tiger stripe polo necks in both red and turquoise... and hmm something else. Gloves I think? Something random!

      Delete
    2. What did you think about polo necks? I loved my red one and now wish I had got the turquoise! Think they've sold out grrrrr

      Delete
  2. The trench coat looks fab on you and I agree about the comments, and it's obviously not a coat for walking the dog in, but a fun fashion piece.
    You look like a model in the photos and the star backed jumper is very sweet.

    👌🏻😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! I LOVE the jumper. Perfect with a shorter hair cut!

      Delete
  3. I'm returning nearly everything I ordered from the Alexa collection. I wanted to love the sixties vinyl skirt but it was verging on indecent on me and the velvet suit IMHO isn't as nice as the widelegged Autograph one. The silver blouse broke me out in a sweat after about 5 seconds and the blue blouse was nice but nothing out of the ordinary. I do like the cable knit and just bought a size bigger as I wanted it slightly slouchier. Sizing seems a bit on the snug side although everything fit in my normal size 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see I much preferred the fitted velvet suit as opposed to the navy Autograph one which I did try but was just too fluid for me. I didn't find it very flattering - I think it works much better on people with curves. I didn't try any of the knitwear on. And yes, I do think the sizing is on the small side of sizes compared to M&S generally.

      Delete
  4. Omg that jaegar coat is exactly what I have been looking for all season. Just ordered it in small. I already have the apc bag so we can be twins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guarantee you won't be disappointed - it's amazing!

      Delete
  5. I'd say the answer to the question "can you have too many black trousers?", is a very resounding no! Well I say that, in my case, you can substitute navy instead of black.
    The Nazi flasher comment did make me laugh, (brings 'allo allo' to mind, if that's not being cheeky) it looks great on you, and I agree you can see that the material isn't run of the mill from the photo.
    The jaeger outfit is great, I love the stars on the back of that jumper, one step up from button back. It all looks great with your loafers (note to myself, wear contrast shoes with mono outfit!), did you get everything?
    Just ordered a stripy jumper from Brora, raglan sleeves, and contrast detail on one cuff, I've been stalking it for a while, and then this weekend they have free p&p, which works out as a whopping discount on their very expensive international delivery costs.
    My shopping trip with my girlfriend was productive, I was on the look out for a blue and grey scarf in fine wool, and not really expecting to find one. But I did, by a new (to me) brand called Bella Ballou - they have some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow you've been busy shopping! Well done you!! I got to keep the whole outfit from Jaeger which is fabulous as I LOVE all of it!! All the black. Just lush. x

      Delete
    2. Oh, lucky you, it's a really great versatile outfit!
      Yeh, I'm going to try not to spend any more on my wardrobe for the rest of the month! (Yeh right!!!). It's time to concentrate on Christmas shopping, see if I can get it done by the end of November!!
      My girlfriend's husband had read that the average women spent between £300 and £500 on clothes a year, her response was classic, she told him that he ought to know she's never been average!

      Delete
    3. Oh, lucky you, it's a really great versatile outfit!
      Yeh, I'm going to try not to spend any more on my wardrobe for the rest of the month! (Yeh right!!!). It's time to concentrate on Christmas shopping, see if I can get it done by the end of November!!
      My girlfriend's husband had read that the average women spent between £300 and £500 on clothes a year, her response was classic, she told him that he ought to know she's never been average!

      Delete
    4. HA HA HA! GENIUS response! I would say that average that's probably right as I know some people literally spend nothing - they just rewear what they have. Others amongst us however.... .oops!

      Delete
  6. Love the trench, it's a keeper but the jumper overwhelmed me (it's beautiful though), the velvet jacket was fab but the trousers less flattering and the navy coat was beautiful but I found its gorgeous padded lining too heavy.

    I'm now waiting for the navy velvet suit with slim trousers ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is the navy velvet suit with the slim trews? New in? I love the fittedness (not a word!) of the suit but I think it's suited to plank figures as opposed to anyone with curves. Which jumper did you try?

      Delete
  7. It's definitely more straight cut than an oversized version and when done up, is a very neat silhouette. And yes - the trench is very much a marmite piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat - I tried the Jaegar discount code on the coat and it didn't work....is it only on full price items do you know?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I assume you would only have been able to use it on full price items and not ones that are on another discount.

      Delete
  9. is a male sexual enhancement product. It is prepared with natural herbal extracts. This reasonably-priced sexual enhancement pill for men is used to extend the dimensions and girth of the penis. the dimensions and girth of your organs is very essential for complete orgasm and utmost sexual pleasure. hundreds of guys be afflicted by sexual abnormalities. those abnormalities include untimely ejaculation, small length of penis, gentle erection and reduced libido. For more ==== >>>>>> http://testoupmaxfacts.com/penetrex-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete