Gimme all the colour

Which is something you rarely hear me say.  Maybe there's something in the air, maybe I've got Winter cabin fever, maybe I am just looking towards all things Spring but I have a hankering for BRIGHT coloured coats. 

I'm not going to lie - this is something that I normally wouldn't consider. However this season I have been given both a green one and then, as part of my paid partnership with M&S, I chose for one of last year's monthly picks, a red coat.  And do you know what?  I love both of them.  And looking back in my wardrobe as to one of my favourite coats - it's a way out check number from Zara that I remember being not too sure about when I bought it but guess what - out of all the coats that I've bought over the past five years, this is one of the only ones I have kept. 

As I type, I'm also thinking about the mustard/tan one that I bought last year from Warehouse.  Hardly the most neutral of coats but one that I have worn far more than I thought I would. 

Seeing as it may well snow this week, I thought I'd look at the coloured options we've got for outerwear and why it's worth considering one of these as a little wardrobe pick me up.  For I can guarantee you, they'll be a faithful "go to" in your wardrobe for years to come.

Starting with this season's must have colour - lilac.  I LOVE this shade.  It is far more versatile than you would initially think.  It looks fabulous with navy and greys.  Mix with jeans and leopard print for a really modern and fresh look.  Pinks are an obvious choice too. 

Wool Blend Coat from Autograph £149



Pink, pink and more pink.  

But starting with one that's a pinky lilac..

ASOS Coat with Statement Sleeve £85



Pale pink again at ASOS. 

ASOS Swing Coat was £110 now £66



Stitch Detail Textured Coat from M&S £89



Another gem at M&S

Open Front Chuck on Coat £49.50



Pink at Jigsaw in the sale. 

One Button Double Face Coat was £275 now £192



And again at Dorothy Perkins - this must be the bargain of the day. 

Pink Colour Pop Smart Coat was £59 now £30



If we're talking colour - surely Boden is an obvious choice?  And they don't disappoint with their coat selection this season. 

Aileen Coat from Boden £170 with 20% off using the code J7S7



And then throwing in some pink with the grey. 

Helene Berman wool blend check coat at ASOS was £210 now £130



As you can see - for me, I've gone red this season.  And there's a new gem in at Warehouse which is ideal for into the Spring. 

Clean Crombie from Warehouse £86



Red boucle coat at Topshop £85



Teddy Bear coat by Missguided at ASOS £55



Oversized at Warehouse in the sale was £99 now £59




Bright Blue at M&S £79



Double faced Oval Coat from Jigsaw was £270 now £135 in Pacific Blue



Paler blue at Warehouse - new in.

Single Breasted Cocoon Coat £79



And then greens. 

Fluffy Mohair Coat from Jigsaw was £450 now £225



Emerald Green at Boden with their Aileen Coat £170 (don't forget the 20%) 



Emerald again at Dorothy Perkins 

Green Twill Slim Coat was £55 now £46.75



Belted at ASOS £75



And here I am today in my not very colourful (sorry!), but very useful beige tweed coat from M&S last year. 

Untitled

Tweed coat - M&S (aw16)
Jumper - Me+Em (gift current)
Jeans - All Saints from Kildare Village (3yrs ago)
Jalouse boots - Ash from The Clever Dresser (6yrs ago)
Bag - Loewe from Matches (current)

Tomorrow, will be back with either another head to toe colour option (I've got a couple up my sleeve, but what would your choices be?  Any preferences?) or the must have Spring footwear choice (but I can't decide which to do first - ankle boots, mules or loafers.... decisions, decisions...).

Hope everyone has had a great weekend, I'm sat here trying to convince myself I don't need another coat.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comentarios:

  1. I know I'm a fussy so and so! I would like a coat in the blue of the warehouse one in a more fitted silhouette! Being a little vertically challenged I feel like I need a style with a defined waist. As far as colour goes I'm after something I feel is a classic and not too much of a statement, and I'm not totally convinced by bright pink or cobalt blue.
    I always find if I have something specific in mind, it's almost impossible to find it. But there are some lovely styles in lovely colours, so while my search will continue I'm not disheartened!

    ReplyDelete